Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

H22 in DA tegra help

Old 11-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSMDreamz has disabled reputation
Default H22 in DA tegra help

have some questions about a project im thinkin of.

how difficult is the firewall cutaway that is necessary for the motor to fit?

and anyone know how much the 4door improves the weight distribution? ive heard 2 door's wit h22's are way to front heavy and the handling gets punished, but saposidly 4door's bring more of the weight back so handling isnt affected as much.

thanks for ur help
Old 11-03-2005, 07:37 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default Re: H22 in DA tegra help

i would never do a swap to where i need to cut into the firewall....especialy if i have no clue on what im doing and have to ask dragva for help...

www.honda-tech.com is your friend
Old 11-03-2005, 12:53 PM
import mechanic

sucio7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DSMDreamz

and anyone know how much the 4door improves the weight distribution? ive heard 2 door's wit h22's are way to front heavy and the handling gets punished, but saposidly 4door's bring more of the weight back so handling isnt affected as much.

thanks for ur help
im doing a swap as we talk and no need cut fire wall
Old 11-04-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm still slow.....

ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR

Originally Posted by DSMDreamz

thanks for ur help
I don't know where you got that info. The weight isn't the problem it's how the motor sits in the engine bay that affects the handling.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:29 AM
what the fuuuuu-

h22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond reputeh22civic has a reputation beyond repute

i have a 2 door civic with a h22 and i dont have any handling prob. at all, i lost power steering and ac that sucks but other than that im happy with the way it drives and handles
Old 11-05-2005, 01:46 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by h22civic
i have a 2 door civic with a h22 and i dont have any handling prob. at all, i lost power steering and ac that sucks but other than that im happy with the way it drives and handles
I'll vouch for that. My brother and I did a H22a swap into a 95 Civic Ex. Had Apexi Coilovers, and we couldn't notice a difference in handling before or after. It did sit a little lower, but all we did was raise it up some.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:51 AM

eeeeeEk has disabled reputation

The weight issue is a problem is these cars i have one in a hatch and i can tell a big diff even with the suspension on it but i have no complaints the car isnt made for turns just a straight line.!
Old 11-28-2005, 02:54 AM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 08-23-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:38 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

I do know that the engines rock differently. I think the B series rock forward and the H rocks back... or it might be the other way around. Plus there isnt much wieght difference from a B18 to an H22, just use a good set of coil overs.

Most likely you will have to ditch the power steering and AC

Also moving the mounts back a little and cutting away some of the firewall has been found to line up the drive shafts a little better. There have been alot of people with the hatches that keep breaking drive shafts and this solution seems to have worked. But yeah check out Honda Tech.

Im looking there for info on my swap.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

The main probelm with the motor being rocked back is that the motor was designed to be mounted completely vertical or very close to vertical. With the motor being rocked back it puts more strain on the oil pick up Yes i know that the h22 sits back in a lude but if you look at a lude and a swapped h22 in eg for example with some crappy mounts (place racing ) it leans way far back whiich we all know if the motor doesnt have or get enough oil to the right places it will not last very long. This along with the axles breaking often and also very horrable ground clearance was the first mistakes people had with the first or second run of moslty all h22 mounts. Some companies tried to fix the axle probem with moving the motor backwards where you had to cut the firewall which really was a back mistake even though it may work still not the best looking thing ever. Companies of late have really improved the mounts hasport mounts work really well the hood man have to be rasied in the back due to the proper angle the motor sits with them at and how damn big it is. By moving the motor more vertical the axl angle probelm was fixed also moving it more the top of the engine more forward made obviously made the bottom of hte engine move back which made the axle angle better. If i were you i would run the h2b kit this allows you to keep you stock locating mounts axles and use your better b series tranny on the h series motor and no damn cable shifter.

Quick Reply: H22 in DA tegra help