Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

GSR/ Type-R

Old 12-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default GSR/ Type-R

Im looking into getting a GSR or Type-R for a hatch. I was reading and saw that the Type-R isnt that great, is that true. I dont wanna all motor setup, im looking into boosting it. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:29 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: GSR/ Type-R

First off what year hatchback?

If you plan on boosting, get a jdm gs-r swap with LSD. It'll be cheaper than a Type R swap and the money saved could go towards mounts and other supporting mods for the turbo setup.

Nothing is wrong with a Type R motor. I'd like to rock on in my hatchback. It'd probably just as fast in my car from a dig.... well probably not
Old 12-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Shift_N/a

Matt64246 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lilskud13
Im looking into getting a GSR or Type-R for a hatch. I was reading and saw that the Type-R isnt that great, is that true. I dont wanna all motor setup, im looking into boosting it. Any suggestions would be great.
The ITR is a excellent engine, very well built, but at the same time not somthing I would boost. Like Jarrod said, your planning for boost, go with the GS-R instead of the ITR. The ITR is an engine if i had personally would go all motor with.., thats just my opinion. some other suggestions could be LS/VTEC Turbo, or a nice LS-T setup....
Old 12-21-2006, 07:46 AM
teamULTRASPEED

C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312

Boost the type r. sick!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:14 AM
braap braap

Originally Posted by Matt64246
The ITR is a excellent engine, very well built, but at the same time not somthing I would boost. Like Jarrod said, your planning for boost, go with the GS-R instead of the ITR. The ITR is an engine if i had personally would go all motor with.., thats just my opinion. some other suggestions could be LS/VTEC Turbo, or a nice LS-T setup....
If I put a Type R motor in my car, it'd stay for the most part bone stock. If I wanted to go all motor, I'd do a LS/Vtec setup.

Originally Posted by C45P312
Boost the type r. sick!
Well, I wasn't going to recommend that. Its all in the tune.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

lilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all those replys. A friend of mine had a Type R in his coupe and that was sick. But I really wanna have a turbo setup. Im thinking bout doin that GSR swap, that sounds pretty good.
And this might sound pretty dumb, but I dont know to much bout LS. Why would you suggest that? LS just dont catch my eye.
Another question is what would I get more power out of, the allmotor or turbo setup. And which one is cheaper cuz I dont got all the money in the world to b spendin..haha. O yea, about the year hatch, I havent got one yet but thats what im looking for, I really like tha EG style. Which one would be easier to work with too? Thanks again for the replys.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:42 AM
braap braap

Originally Posted by lilskud13
Thanks for all those replys. A friend of mine had a Type R in his coupe and that was sick. But I really wanna have a turbo setup. Im thinking bout doin that GSR swap, that sounds pretty good.
And this might sound pretty dumb, but I dont know to much bout LS. Why would you suggest that? LS just dont catch my eye.
Another question is what would I get more power out of, the allmotor or turbo setup. And which one is cheaper cuz I dont got all the money in the world to b spendin..haha. O yea, about the year hatch, I havent got one yet but thats what im looking for, I really like tha EG style. Which one would be easier to work with too? Thanks again for the replys.
IMO. Get a JDM Gs-R swap, with LSD. Buy some HaSport mounts, a good clutch and flywheel setup(one that will handle some power). The car will pull very nicely like that.

All motor is fun and all, but you can piece together a turbo kit for cheaper than a all motor build(one that will net you 200+whp.).
Old 12-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered Baller

Zimzallabim is an unknown quantity at this point

LS is a torque machine i personally like ls/vtec turbo
Old 12-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

So will I get more power out of tha turbo or all motor setup for a GSR?!? I dont wanna be slo either, alot of people around here (Culpeper,VA) just put a exhaust or w/e and think they are fast. Im not like that. Now which would be better the GSR (turbo or allmotor) or a LS/VTEC Turbo?Another thing is how much work is in putting together a LS/VTEC Turbo? I know I have alot of questions but I wanna get the best out of this.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:34 AM
braap braap

Honestly dude.

Get a Gs-R swap with LSD. Get some good tires, clutch/flywheel and some motor mounts. And drive the car.

Then later on down the road, get a turbo kit. And get tuned.

A Gs-R motor in a 92-95 hatchback is good for mid-low 14s on street tires.

Quick Reply: GSR/ Type-R