VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   GSR swap help. (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/gsr-swap-help-188969/)

EGon10psi 05-22-2007 05:41 AM

GSR swap help.

Ok i recently bought and swapped a 99obd2 gsr motor and put it in my 93 civic using and obd1 gsr harness and obd1 STOCK ecu.

Here are the problems I am having.

1. I do not know how to hook up the IAB box (keep in mind I have a aftermarket fpr on the fuel rail).

2. I have a plug near both of the strut towers that dont connect to anyhting. One on the drivers side is green and is closer to the IM than the strut tower but you get the point.

3. Now for some reason on my bone stock obd1 gsr ecu vtec is kicking in around 42-4500 and i feel like i have no power compared to my obd1 gsr motor i had previously and this new motor has headwork so it shoudl feel as good if not better.

4. Other than that the car is driving excellent....oh and i have a 94gsr tranny on the new 99 motor doubt that matters though..

5.I have a tuned ecu thats tuned for a obd1 gsr boosted on 9lbs...can i use that ecu on my stock motor if not why? what problems will it cause other than maxing out the injectors?

thanks!

integrarj 05-22-2007 09:39 AM

Re: GSR swap help.

one plug goes to the iab box, and the other plug with the green and red wire go to the sensore on the intake manifold

EGon10psi 05-22-2007 11:27 AM

yeah both of those are already pluged up...still have one green one just hanging over there

fixed the vtec problem by putting in the locash racing ecu...still dont udnerstand why vtec was crossing at 4200 with stock ecu when that ecu worked fine withs same IM on my old stock gsr....oh well

EGon10psi 05-22-2007 04:16 PM

Alright i think everything is wired up correctly but the motor just doesnt feel as strong and i have a new problem...

On accelaration the tack itself is shaky like it doesnt really know what rpm its at.

On decleration the car is very shaky and also at very low rpms the car is jumpy too..any reason for this?

1rude2l 05-22-2007 05:14 PM

start with getting it tuned or at least get away from that chip thats in the computer big difference in the tuning for a relatively stock gsr and a turbo'd one

EGon10psi 05-22-2007 05:27 PM

no im using a stock p28 ecu from locash racing...not the turbo one....but anyway the needles is just jumping all over the place..no far but like wiht in a 500rpm zone and its not a mani leak b/c its while im driving first of all and it idles fine second of all

EGon10psi 05-22-2007 05:32 PM

oh and say the vacuum lines are hooked up wrong..will that affect the cars performance or would I know if it wasnt hooked up cause it woudlnt drive right at all? Is the old gas a problem too gas is 4 months old??

1rude2l 05-23-2007 01:50 PM

the p28 is not gona run that motor correctly either idle set to low maybe

EGon10psi 05-23-2007 07:04 PM

alright how about if my distributor was so loose you could jiggle it with your hand....haha i think that might be the problem worked all day looked at it when i got home tonight and it was loose as hell...will tighten it down in the mornig hopefully that was it

D.Nick 05-23-2007 07:06 PM

Did you not see what the dude above you wrote?

A p28 is not the ECU for that car. You need to get it chipped and tuned for a GSR swap. A p28 is for a single cam vtec motor.