Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

GSR Intake manifold Leaking help

Old 11-12-2010, 05:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default GSR Intake manifold Leaking help

I have had a obx intake manifold on my gsr for over a year now. Just the other day it started leaking radiator fluid which i noticed below the IM. Any ideas on what I should check? This is also causing the engine to OVERHEAT badly. Radiator is new along with hoses and thermostat. any help would be appreciated
Old 11-12-2010, 05:51 AM
missed....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cell Cell
Default Re: GSR Intake manifold Leaking help

bad gasket? sometimes when installing the new piece, little pieces of the old gasket get stuck on the surface of the head. you have to scrape every piece off with a razor blade else it will eventually cause a leak. I can check it over for you depending on where you live. I was a professional mechanic for multiple dealerships. I would suggest running a pressure test and see exactly where the leak is coming from, whether the IM or maybe a hose.