Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

gsr head in a crx

Old 06-08-2004, 06:44 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts
Default gsr head in a crx

i have a gsr head i'm putting in my crx. i already have a bseries bottom end.will the intake manifold and everything on the head plug into the wiring harness. i already had a b16 in the rex. so will everything plug up like my b16 did. help a otha' out.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:48 PM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert
Default Re: gsr head in a crx

intake manifold will not bolt on... but in order for the GSR head to work you need either a GSR manifold, skunk2 or aftermarket manifold, or modify b16 manifold to work. you also need use the distributor from the b16 as well as the injectors from the b16. everything else will bolt up. IMO, the head exchange isn't worth it. if both heads are stock and the bottom end is a stock b16, you won't notice much of a difference if any. for all the work you put in as well as a cost of a head gasket, the gains are too little. i would keep the head aside and use it as a head to send out to get ported.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:13 AM
AKA DEATH TRAP

sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by HybridBert
intake manifold will not bolt on... but in order for the GSR head to work you need either a GSR manifold, skunk2 or aftermarket manifold, or modify b16 manifold to work. you also need use the distributor from the b16 as well as the injectors from the b16. everything else will bolt up. IMO, the head exchange isn't worth it. if both heads are stock and the bottom end is a stock b16, you won't notice much of a difference if any. for all the work you put in as well as a cost of a head gasket, the gains are too little. i would keep the head aside and use it as a head to send out to get ported.
i am going ls vtec . not putting the gsr head on the b16 .i have a gsr manifold also. my distributor is from an obd 0 b16 . thats really what i wanted to know will the MANIFOLD and DISTRIBUTOR work on my exsiting b16 setup. Not your opinion of the difference of a gsr head on a b16.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by sikkcrx
i have a gsr head i'm putting in my crx. i already have a bseries bottom end.will the intake manifold and everything on the head plug into the wiring harness. i already had a b16 in the rex. so will everything plug up like my b16 did. help a otha' out.
i am going ls vtec . not putting the gsr head on the b16 .i have a gsr manifold also. my distributor is from an obd 0 b16 . thats really what i wanted to know will the MANIFOLD and DISTRIBUTOR work on my exsiting b16 setup. Not your opinion of the difference of a gsr head on a b16.
don't get pissy w/ me. remember you asked for help not the other way around. i was just answering your question. you made your question sound like you were putting the head w/ the motor already in the car. if that is all you were asking that is all you should have said. word your questions better and you won't get crap in answers.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:43 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yea , that does pretty much look like you have a b16 in the car already, and hes right, the head swap wouldnt be worth it if you did have a b16 bottom end.........
Old 06-09-2004, 08:29 AM
AKA DEATH TRAP

my bad son !!! Dag !im doing ls vtec. scrapping the b16 swap. and using a ls block and an gsr head.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:35 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

just trade me. ill give you a b16 head with bent valves and intake manifold and distributor for the gsr head and ill throw in 50 bucks
Old 06-09-2004, 09:33 AM

my bad son !!! Dag !im doing ls vtec. scrapping the b16 swap. and using a ls block and an gsr head.
no harm no foul... also don't forget about the IABs. If you are using the stock obd0 computer, you will need to take in account the IAB's. you can choose you own solution. you can either:
1. remove butterflies
2. wire in a relay w/ the vtec activation so that the butterfiles open when vtec comes on. (never tried this but it should work)
3. get a different aftermarket manifold
4. use a gsr ecu,dizzy, injectors and change over to obd1.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:12 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

Originally Posted by NoReverse
just trade me. ill give you a b16 head with bent valves and intake manifold and distributor for the gsr head and ill throw in 50 bucks

uhh no! I got a perfect b16 head.