Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Gs-r Blown head gasket symptoms??

Old 01-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default Gs-r Blown head gasket symptoms??

Guys, help me with this. My car started overheating 2 months ago and I havent driven it since. I decided to work on it today, found the leak which turned out to be a hose going to the intake manifold. Replaced that... took the car out for a test drive after. Car was just running reallly rich. White smoke coming out of the muffler. the heat was going from normal(really hot) to just being a little warm. My friend that was with me has lots of experience working on hondas is telling me its my head gasket and hes 100& sure. What are some symptoms of a blown head gasket? is there anything else i can check to make sure without performing a compression test. this is a gsr 2000 stock motor just bolt ons
Old 01-05-2011, 02:29 PM
its just a website

couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped
Default Re: Gs-r Blown head gasket symptoms??

head gasket , bad compression
white smoke gives it away
and if that doesnt give it away look at milky oil
Old 01-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Registered member

henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26

another way to check is on cold start, top the coolant and leave the radiator cap off and see if bubbles keep rising from the radiator.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:32 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

pull the spark plugs and pressureize the radiator...crank the motor over..it will most likely spray water out of the plug holes...

also you can take the radiator cap off,start the car...and if it pushes all the water out of the radiator its got a blown head gasket