Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

GS to GS-T.....

Old 03-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96EcLiPsEGS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GS to GS-T.....

Hey guys wussup???
i was juss wonderin if its easy to convert my 96 eclipse GS to a GS-T??? i know i shoulda bought GSX/GS-T from the beggenin but i was really hyped to buy my car! So if anyone can help me out id appreciate it....i heard i juss have to swap the engine out??? well i dunno cuz im sort of a newbie, so far i have an APEXi N1 cat back w/ muffler,GSX/GS-T spoiler,black centre peice and thats it so please help me out!!!!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:06 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: GS to GS-T.....

ummm...no.

get a GST/X. or rice the fuck out of the baseline one (but for some odd reason...i feel that has already been done)
Old 03-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

only five poeple in the us have done the conversion to the gs. it is more work than what you could begin to ak for. this company called hon makes a turbo kit for your car. i have done the install. it isn't what i would do. i was very uninpressed with it. but when you build it and turn up the boost it fucking moves pretty good. i will pm you a link the there wed site. my advise would be to go honda. lol
Old 03-15-2005, 09:01 AM
21-PSI

1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts

Yeah, don't do the swap. It is a PITA from what I have heard.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:29 AM
Banned

aight well im upto the challenge,lol.......and no f***ing way imma go honda,lol aight bro i dont have yahoo or anything but ill give u my email later when u message me back,in the mean time my aol instant messenger sn is gangstaali786 . aigh twell thanks for ur help
PE@CE
Old 03-15-2005, 09:33 AM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

i got into an argument with a guy who told me it was possible except swap out ECU after 20 minutes of explaining to a "4g63 expert" i gave up. i too drive a N/T and our cars aren;t Hondas so throw that motor swap idea out ya head. theres 2 turbo kits you can buy and a $4000 super charger and i feel neither is worth it. i say go all motor and keep your boost dreams for another car. www.2gnt.com and www.dsmtuners.com can help you out. and be prepared for everysingle person in the tuner world to tell you "you should have bought a Gsx/Gst" its get annoying after awhile

"(but for some odd reason...i feel that has already been done)"
how is apexi N1 exhaust and a turbo spoiler rice?
Old 03-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Banned

i guess ill mod this eclipse as far as i can..... but i heard u can swap out the stock enigine for a stock GSX engine????i dunno but thats wut i was told.....and to the other guy i was wondering how is my car "riced out"? it dont like ricey to me.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:10 PM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

yes it is physically possible but when looking at cost to power and the fact that if you can afford the 5k plus job(sketchy on that figure but its alot higher then your average swap) you really could have just bought a 1g or 2g gst. the two motors are completely different and everything that goes with them is completely different the trannies are on opposite sides. alot of custom work and it can be done but for the reasons ive stated and the overal difficulty it is considered not rational. but go for it i will commend you just be warned that many have tried and failed.