Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ground issue??

Old 04-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these parts
Default Ground issue??

Hi, I have a 94 civic sedan with a gsr swap. The problem I am having is I relocated the battery in the trunk. Well I have power to the car but I have lights on in the dash. Keep in mind I haven't stuck the keys in yet. I have a srs, brake, trunk. But when I put the car into the on position there's no check light or any other lights come on. I also when I try to ground the chassis to the motor or whatever I get a lot of sparks. Also my fan stays on constant and my fuel pump doesn't cut on and it's a brand new 255. Please I'm trying to get this car on the road ASAP any help would be kind. Thanks
Old 04-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov
Default Re: Ground issue??

Check the trans ground, and the thermostat grounds.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Registered member

gingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these parts

There on but when I try to hook my positive wire on the battery it shootin sparks
Old 04-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Means you have electrical interference. Does it keep sparking even if you leave the terminal on?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So everything was working before you moved the battery to the trunk? Somehow I don't think this has anything to do with the battery relocation.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:58 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Why are you relocating the battery in a 20 year old shitbox car?

You started the project, now it seems like you have a LOT of wires to chace.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Registered member

Mirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to all

Maybe the power wire you extended has its insulation damaged and is grounding itself out? Did you use a single run of wire from the fusebox to the battery?
Old 05-01-2014, 03:26 AM
Flatulence

Originally Posted by Mirrorimg
Maybe the power wire you extended has its insulation damaged and is grounding itself out? Did you use a single run of wire from the fusebox to the battery?
Was thinking the same. Damaged insulation. O.p put your damn battery back underneath the hood and leave it there