Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

GREDDY FMU and fuel questions.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4
Default GREDDY FMU and fuel questions.

Anyone using the greddy computer piggy back. i want to know if its easy or hard to use and understand? easy or hard to install with a factory wiring diagram? and does it include software and does it come with any preset maps?

It would be cool if i get straight forward answers to these questions, and would the Greddy be more useful that a rising rate FPR to add fuel or is the FPR easier to use understand and get results from? thanks for the help fellas.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GREDDY FMU and fuel questions.

From all that I have heard the rising rate FPR tends to work a little better but it depends what kind of resources you have available. If it was me I would try and see about some kind of aftermarket fuel management (read: NOT piggyback) like in my case there is hondata, I don't know whats available for the SRT's, there is also MegaSquirt which I have heard can produce some pretty good results but it's pretty involved.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GREDDY FMU and fuel questions.

Originally Posted by GodsOther
From all that I have heard the rising rate FPR tends to work a little better but it depends what kind of resources you have available. If it was me I would try and see about some kind of aftermarket fuel management (read: NOT piggyback) like in my case there is hondata, I don't know whats available for the SRT's, there is also MegaSquirt which I have heard can produce some pretty good results but it's pretty involved.
Megasquirt is a full standalone unit. You have to redo your ignition and fuel ecu's. Just like any full standalone, if it's not plug and play buy extra engine harness and work it over.