Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Greddy Emanage or VAFC-II

Old 03-01-2006, 08:25 PM
I drive a coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)
Default Greddy Emanage or VAFC-II

I need some opinions on this...
I drive a 1996 civic ex turbo which is still OBD-2, and I am in need of some tuning. I am running between 8 and 9 psi on an FMU. I am trying to decide on which to buy; a VAFC2 or the emanage system. Does anybody on here know anything about the emanage? How easy it is to tune with, I know that the emanage can adjust fuel curve at 5 pre-set points +- 20% and is a more reliable engine management than the FMU will ever be, and the VAFC2 can adjust +-50% in 100 RPM increments which I can see would free up more power than emanage would because the fuel curve would be based on every 100 rpm rather than every 2000 rpm. My question is basically, which one should I get? Which is the better deal for me? Which is a more powerful tuning tool? I only have the cash for one of them, and they cost about the same price...
Thanks,

Last edited by Hatch Man(GsR); 03-01-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay
Default Re: Greddy Emanage or VAFC-II

I am tired and slightly drunk, but I'd give tohe win to e-manage as it has timing control.

Or you could continue saving for AEM. I kicked myself for buying piggybacks and then losing money reselling them.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Currently N/A

EvolutionBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point

Go stand alone man. An obd2a to obd1 harness adapter can be found on ebay for cheap. Go check out pgmfi.org. Run with uberdata or crome. I use turboedit on my crx and it works magnificantly. All the experience I have had with uberdata was great also. Just take a look, you can probably get everything you need to go obd1 and the harness for less then you would spend on a piggyback.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:45 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

Hey man clear your PM's and buy my turbo. Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. I have a p28 ecu in another one of my cars, where do I get it socketed?
Old 03-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Currently N/A

EvolutionBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a steady hand, it's pretty simple to socket it yourself. Otherwise a lot of electronics repair shops will do it fairly simple. I'd do it for you but I don't have very steady hands haha
Old 03-03-2006, 05:02 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hatch Man(GsR)
I have a p28 ecu in another one of my cars, where do I get it socketed?
Old 03-03-2006, 06:00 AM
Registered member

Randy@FMS is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by EvolutionBoostin
Go stand alone man. An obd2a to obd1 harness adapter can be found on ebay for cheap. Go check out pgmfi.org. Run with uberdata or crome. I use turboedit on my crx and it works magnificantly. All the experience I have had with uberdata was great also. Just take a look, you can probably get everything you need to go obd1 and the harness for less then you would spend on a piggyback.
uberdata is not standalone, and hondata is just as good!