Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

g35 start/idle issues

Old 12-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: g35 start/idle issues

My G35 Did something crazily similar to what yours is doing; the dash went crazy, the engine lost a lot of power (missing), and would barely idle. My issue ended up being one of the coils taking a hell of a shit. I've long since sold the car but still have an extra set of coils. Welcome to have them if it helps you diagnose.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Registered member

SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad

much appreciated ill let you know after doing some maintenence work this weekend in hopes this issues will be dissolved for good .
Old 12-08-2013, 08:11 AM
REAL SE-R

Savagesr20 will become famous soon enough

If you still have the OEM intake, check the rubber sections for cracks (air leaks behind maf). Mine was running like crap and a quick inspection found multiple cracks (air leaks) in the rubber. I wrapped it tight with some black 3M sealing tape and disconnected battery to reset ECU and all is well.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:44 PM
posted on da block

l0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud of

Plain and simple. Your ecm/ipdm got wet. Yes beware with big massive puddles. It sensed that that ecm/ipdm was disconnected therefor it went into limp mode. Now your car might need a few relearn procedures. Found here (http://g35driver.com/forums/engine-d...-g35-help.html) post #2. If anything else google on those. Yes clean your maf and throttle body. Timing is key on those procedures have a digital stop watch phone app of some sort at hand.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Registered member

SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad

Originally Posted by l0uiE|3oy
Plain and simple. Your ecm/ipdm got wet. Yes beware with big massive puddles. It sensed that that ecm/ipdm was disconnected therefor it went into limp mode. Now your car might need a few relearn procedures. Found here (http://g35driver.com/forums/engine-d...-g35-help.html) post #2. If anything else google on those. Yes clean your maf and throttle body. Timing is key on those procedures have a digital stop watch phone app of some sort at hand.
Thats basically what i've done so far.. past weekend I thoroughly cleaned both MAFS and throttle body and immediatley the CEL was gone and it bad idle/sputtering etc. stopped. I took a look at the IPDM a few days ago being convinced that was the issue, but it was completely dry believe it or not. Also, the code that came up (p1124 ETC Motor Relay) was referring to the throttle control motor relay. It was supposed to be located in the IPDM but it wasnt there. After checking the other fuse box I didnt look much further but it was just strange.

Anyways, car is back to normal pretty much after i reset the ECU and cleaned the throttle body/MAFS. Only thing at this point really is that the rpms will occasionally drop to 0 then spring back up to idle, and it was sometimes idle slightly high, around 750rpm, nothing serious though.
Thanks to everyone for the input.