Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Fuse Help for Lighting Effects?

Old 03-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Stock is best.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SinceNine19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuse Help for Lighting Effects?

I installed my neon underbody kit today, anbd my indash neon lights as well. And so they worked! Then the fuse blew. So I replaced it with a spare. They worked! For my outing tonight, then when I got home I cut them off, and turned em back on to make sure they were still working correctly. They didn't come back on. So, I checked the fuse, looks blown but wasn't, I rerouted the wire from my radiofuse (12v) (which it says lights require for voltage), into a diff 10v slot, and they ran for a few seconds, but eneded more power and shut themselves off again. So...how can I fix this? JUst keep trying diff fuse slots for 12v's until I find one that can hold the power required? Or...are there better gauge fuses or something, so that I can use the same slot, with a fuse that can take that amount of voltage. So my question is...are there better fuses than what I have, a regular old fuse, or...is there only one type, and my problem lies elsewhere?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:16 PM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fuse Help for Lighting Effects?

just take all of your fuses out completely.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:26 PM
It has 4 Doors...

Whtehnda93DXSdn is an unknown quantity at this point

ok to understand how the fuse is blowing are you cramming the wire into the same hole as the fuse? If that's the case and blowing fuses then I would suggest possibly just running a Power wire to a toggle switch, Maybe from the battery or a 12 volt source under the dash. PM me and Ill let you know which wire to tap under the dash if you don't know.
If you run the power from the Battery to a toggle then just hook up the power to the Neons to that and it's done...On/Off...
Old 03-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Stock is best.

hmm interesting. okay I'll hafta PM you on this one tomorrow, I plan on fixing this tomorrow morning for sure. My lights for exterior/interior each have their own toggle switches next to my driver seat.

So I can just run another wire from my battery straight into my lights and run that in turn into a toggle switch for it? The battery hookup still uses the fuse though correct? So would the amount of power from the battery still blow the fuse or no.

*And why just unplug all fuses....=/
Old 03-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Stock is best.

and no I'm not cramming the wire into the same hole as the fuse...it is hooked up into a fuse in my fusebox under my dash, but...im not cramming it in there really
Old 03-23-2004, 06:34 PM
i like prom.

Originally Posted by AgileSRT
*And why just unplug all fuses....=/
trust me, it will fix the problem.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Banned

ProjektHatch is an unknown quantity at this point

its not the power given that blows them, only the power drawn..... if you have a 25 amp current draw on your lights, and you use anything less than a 30 amp fuse (25 if you can find one), the fuses will blow becuase they cant handle the power demand.... most auto stuff requires 12v current, the amp draw is what you need to focus on.... go with the hard wire to the battery, id do a 30 amp inline fuse, or if you are an audio guy, you should probably have a 50amp inline or fused distribution block... either will work... but id definately do a fuse within the first 3 feet from the battery at least a 30 amp..... dont hide all your wires right now, make your basic connections and once hooked up, flip your lights on for a minute, then off for a minute, then back on... if the fuse doesnt blow, go hide your wiring... if it does.. trace the wiring down for a pinched one, or a cracked one... if bare wire is touching metal, and its not meant as a ground wire, ur gunna keep blowing... whos the manufacturer of that light kit by the way?
Old 03-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by urvtecs2slo
trust me, it will fix the problem.
Listen to this guy! He's awesome with neon's his car is full of them, he does a lot of custom work with them too.

Old 03-23-2004, 06:44 PM
i like prom.

yeah, check the profile.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Banned

ProjektHatch is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh pullin all your fuses out will definately solve the problem..... no fuse = no blow ... lol

Quick Reply: Fuse Help for Lighting Effects?