Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

fuel pumps

Old 02-20-2003, 07:32 PM
RIP Chris Schader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x
Default fuel pumps

I am planning on buying a Walbro 255lph fuel pump but i need help deciding if I should get the high pressure or low pressure pump. After the pump I will buy a S-AFC so if you have one for sale let me know. Then 560cc injectors. thanks.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:51 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

when buying a fuel pump you want one that will do a little more than needed as a margin of safety. i dont know about your setup, what your fuel requirements will be, what your applicaiton is, etc. But, I know that Walbro makes standard and high pressure pumps. Since your going to be going with larger injectors and the afc you will obviously have a higher flow requirement. Due to this you will want to go with the high pressure because it is more likely to be able to keep up with the new requirements than the standard one. So go with the high pressure.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:57 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

do you think i will need to get a FPR
Old 02-20-2003, 08:00 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

a rising rate fpr is never a bad idea
Old 02-20-2003, 08:13 PM
i probably hate you

i would recomend looking around on the dsm boards and finding people that have a similar set up to you to see what they are running. copying off someone elses success is allways a good way to go.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:13 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

high pressure + fpr
stock fpr can handle up to about 190lph
Old 02-21-2003, 07:43 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

i was always under the assumption that dsm's ran really low fuel pressure because pat would flip out everytime i told him what fuel pressure i was running, and his fuel pump lasted one week in my car.........
Old 02-21-2003, 10:51 AM
I'll be back soon...

05DC5 can only hope to improve

ZEX Fuel Pump is good. Support up to 600HP!
Old 02-21-2003, 01:05 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by NoVTEC99
ZEX Fuel Pump is good. Support up to 600HP!
thats all good, but id like to know what constant fuel pressure it can run at efficiently, do you happen to know ?........under boost and 10 psi im supposed to be running in the 120psi fuel pressure range , i need something that can withstand that....anybody got any info on fuel pumps........
Old 02-21-2003, 01:07 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

and i have a walbro 255........the inline fuel pump i had before worked well but couldnt really boost to much cause its flow capacity, so i took it out and have this pump in now, but fuel pressure drops from 120 to 90 under boost, i go lean, its not supposed to do that.............hahah........

Quick Reply: fuel pumps