Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

fuel pump relay acting goofy

Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 PM
GOON SQUAD.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ayobish Ayobish Ayobish Ayobish Ayobish Ayobish Ayobish Ayobish Ayobish Ayobish Ayobish
Default fuel pump relay acting goofy

okay so i got my freshly built bottom end gsr running today. let her run for about 30 mins, BUTTT haha there is always a but. something funky is going on with my fuel pump relay. at first it was ticking so i wiggled the relay around and it would make it go away (and the fuel pump would prime), and upon looking at the wiring harness it appears that there was once an alarm in the car ( before i owned it) that someone had taken out, and there are a couple wires just dangling that had been snipped. buuttttt nowww lol wiggling the relay doesnt do anything and it just constantly ticks when i turn the key on. im really lost. and i know that there is something in alarms that would go to the fuel pump relay so that that if the car was broken into/ stolen the fuel pump relay wouldnt work. am i right? like a kill switch? id appreciate any help at all lol
Old 09-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Registered Member

Slow EG8 has disabled reputation
Default Re: fuel pump relay acting goofy

you need a new one or you need to take your main relay apart and re=solder all the points.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

theres a starter kill in alarms...anything else would be a custom add on and if theres no alarm on the car it wouldnt matter anyway. the relay is bad swap it out.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Could be like my car and the last owner(s) cut and stripped the wire for the fuel pump and shoved a new wire down in the relay and hotwired it to the pump... rofl...
Old 09-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Probably a loose connection at the relay, or the wire has broken inside the insulation because of fatigue. Take a careful look at all the wiring; you're lucky that it's failed right now because it's a lot easier to troubleshoot a failure than a intermittent problem.