Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

FMU Questions

Old 06-20-2003, 12:15 PM
Unconfirmed User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2
Default FMU Questions

Alright for anyone that knows, because i dont, i need to know all about an FMU, what it does where it goes, etc. thanks
Old 06-20-2003, 08:07 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

an fmu is basically a really big fuel pressure regulator, the fmu on turboed hondas goes inline to the regulator and pulls vaccum also off the regulator which pulls from any vaccum source, most people have a vortech fmu runnig 9:1-12:1 disks which means, for every 1 psi of boost youll get 9 psi of fuel pressure, so if your running 2 psi of boost youll get an additional 18 psi of fuel pressure to feed your motor, now as for myself i run a jackson racing adjustable fmu cause i got tired of the vortech giving me problems, my fmu is adjustable beetween 9 and 15 so if i feel like im not getting enough fuel pressure under boost i dont have to take the fmu apart and replace the disk, i just turn the bolt and it goes up, if you can possibly stay away from fmu's, you should do it, if you can get a computer program like a tech 2 or something that is way more reliable than an fmu, remember the fmu pressure is put on top of your stock pressure, i run 10 psi everyday, i run over 120 psi of fuel pressure under boost, theres not many in tank pumps that can handle that kind of pressure so i would advise an inline pump,unless you get a stand alone program and you can use low pressure, but good luck, i hope i helped somehow.....