Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Flywheel Lightening

Old 11-20-2002, 06:31 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockybling can only hope to improve
Default Flywheel Lightening

anyone no anybody that will lighten a stock flywheel for me as much as they can. i dont' think i wanna spend 400+ on a fidanza flywheel at this point. plus anyone know where i can get a deal on a stage 4 clutch kit. Doesn't matter which brand, as long as it can take 25psi and some nitrous!!! Maybe even someone to install the clutch, flywheel, and rear main seal replacement? College is taking all my time!!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 07:23 AM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Don't waste your time on the lightened stock flywheel spend the money and do it right the first time. Especially if you are going to pay someone to install it.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:33 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default Re: Flywheel Lightening

Originally posted by Rockybling
anyone no anybody that will lighten a stock flywheel for me as much as they can. i dont' think i wanna spend 400+ on a fidanza flywheel at this point. plus anyone know where i can get a deal on a stage 4 clutch kit. Doesn't matter which brand, as long as it can take 25psi and some nitrous!!! Maybe even someone to install the clutch, flywheel, and rear main seal replacement? College is taking all my time!!!!
what are you running with 25psi AND nitrous? either you have one hell of a setup, or you hate your motor...
you should probably save that money from the flywheel and get a bigger turbo.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:55 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lightening flywheel

Try apples on Rt. 17, they may do it for you, if not, post again and I'll see if I can hook you up with someone.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:14 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Default Re: Re: Flywheel Lightening

Originally posted by FastX7
what are you running with 25psi AND nitrous? either you have one hell of a setup, or you hate your motor...
you should probably save that money from the flywheel and get a bigger turbo.
No, i know im never gonna run 25psi on this turbo. its bigger than stock but i wouldn't feel comfortable running that much boost unless i had a greddy turbo on it. I will run 18-19 psi when i get my new injectors and fuel pump though, on stock internals. pretty scary but oh well. nitrous is just an idea but i don't know if i wanna go down that road again. im gettin a new clutch soon so i was wonderin if i should go ahead and get a flywheel. if i get a performance flywheel, do i need to get new flywhel bolts?
Old 11-20-2002, 12:03 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default Re: Re: Re: Flywheel Lightening

Originally posted by Rockybling
No, i know im never gonna run 25psi on this turbo. its bigger than stock but i wouldn't feel comfortable running that much boost unless i had a greddy turbo on it. I will run 18-19 psi when i get my new injectors and fuel pump though, on stock internals. pretty scary but oh well. nitrous is just an idea but i don't know if i wanna go down that road again. im gettin a new clutch soon so i was wonderin if i should go ahead and get a flywheel. if i get a performance flywheel, do i need to get new flywhel bolts?
You shouldn't need new bolts, but it'd be a good idea to get some anyway.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flywheel

I have a fedanza flywheel, it will come with everything you need, including new flywheel/crank bolts.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:23 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

Do you have a deathwish? Don't you know that lightened stock flywheels are seriuosly prone to explosion and severe warpage? Just do the right thing and get the aftermarket one. They're always on a groupbuy.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:40 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

I just got a Fidanza in my MR2. Its awesome. Email Grd4spdracing@cox.net, he'll get you a good price.
Old 11-22-2002, 08:48 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Default Mr.2

i haven't seen you around, or atleasy i don't think i have? What colors your mr2 and where are you from. I'm the only stell mist grey one around here, atleast i think i am. I still have to sell my other mr2 turbo before i can buy a clutch and flywheel. thanx for the email address.