Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

flywheel and clutch installed

Old 01-19-2003, 11:46 PM
got torque???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbotwista turbotwista turbotwista
Talking flywheel and clutch installed

well I finally got around to installing my alum flywheel and act clutch and boy did I need it the RAMpower grip or power shiter as I like to call it was wore down to nothing and was making grinding sounds (I put it in in april only had 20,000 miles on it) well I pull the tranny out and the flywheel has huge scrapes all over it so does the pressure plate. That clutch was a six puck unsprung it had to be the shittest clutch ever made I just want to tell you guys so you would stay away from them I will post some pics later this week of the damage it did
Old 01-20-2003, 03:26 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default Re: flywheel and clutch installed

Originally posted by turbotwista
well I finally got around to installing my alum flywheel and act clutch and boy did I need it the RAMpower grip or power shiter as I like to call it was wore down to nothing and was making grinding sounds (I put it in in april only had 20,000 miles on it) well I pull the tranny out and the flywheel has huge scrapes all over it so does the pressure plate. That clutch was a six puck unsprung it had to be the shittest clutch ever made I just want to tell you guys so you would stay away from them I will post some pics later this week of the damage it did
Everything's coool now though? I hadn't heard from you in a while, so I figured that you were out to sea. Anyway, news on my car... lost ALL compresion on the front rotor When I get a JSpec or find a new motor, want to give a hand swapping it?
Old 01-20-2003, 09:38 AM
got torque???

Default Re: Re: flywheel and clutch installed

Originally posted by FastX7
Everything's coool now though? I hadn't heard from you in a while, so I figured that you were out to sea. Anyway, news on my car... lost ALL compresion on the front rotor When I get a JSpec or find a new motor, want to give a hand swapping it?
oh man that sucks sure I will help just not sure how much help I will be.
well the new clutch and flywheel are awesome I love them just give me a ring sometime I never have shit to do but work on car
Old 01-20-2003, 11:00 AM
VA is 4 Snipaz

Vortech8pSI is an unknown quantity at this point

J, i like how you tell all these people you did it when you, I, and higgs know i did most of the work, you fuck.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:15 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

owned
Old 01-20-2003, 12:00 PM
VA is 4 Snipaz

Vortech8pSI is an unknown quantity at this point

Hes gunna be pissed when he reads that.....
Old 01-20-2003, 01:10 PM
got torque???

you are so full of shit higgs didnt even touch the car all you did was bolt the exhaust back up and helped with the pressure plate. Oh I forgot you busted the bolt to the speedo cable and had to go by a new one. My lil bro helped the most he was the one covered in grease as well as me.

So try again Dave dont be mad.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by turbotwista
you are so full of shit higgs didnt even touch the car all you did was bolt the exhaust back up and helped with the pressure plate. Oh I forgot you busted the bolt to the speedo cable and had to go by a new one. My lil bro helped the most he was the one covered in grease as well as me.

So try again Dave dont be mad.
Did you have a merry ol' time getting the tranny to line back up on the motor when you were putting it back on? Last time I swapped my clutch, I fought and fought with it for like thirty minutes. Then, my roomamte came over to the shop, leaned on it and popped it right in on accident, lol.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:47 PM
got torque???

Originally posted by FastX7
Did you have a merry ol' time getting the tranny to line back up on the motor when you were putting it back on? Last time I swapped my clutch, I fought and fought with it for like thirty minutes. Then, my roomamte came over to the shop, leaned on it and popped it right in on accident, lol.
We drew it in with the bolts and yes it was a bitch the trick is to take a jack to the main drive pulley and tilt the engine backwards so you can angle the tranny right other wise you will have to do what I did and draw it is slowly with the bolts until it is flush. Other than that it was a piece of cake the slave cylinder was a bitch beause it is so tight up in there. Now my clutch pedal is smooth as butter and boy does she grab I just finshed breaking it in. Bad thing is I heard some pretty weird noises out in the engine bay when I did a third gear pull hope she aint blown I think it is getting close though
Old 01-20-2003, 03:02 PM
got torque???

here are the pics of shitty pressure plate and clutch fly is already in the trash

Quick Reply: flywheel and clutch installed