Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Fluttering sound from engine

Old 03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold
Default Fluttering sound from engine

It just started happening tonight. I was coming towards a intersection in the turning lane. The light stayed green so I just slowed down and down shifted. As I came around the turn I acclerated and shifted into the next gear. That's when I heard the noise. The best way I can describe it is a fluttering noise and almost similar to how loud the injectors are on these engines, but this was not the injectors because I could also hear those. The noise doesn't fade out and doesn't go faster or slower no matter how much I push the gas down. It starts up as I'm acclerating and stops at around 3,500RPM.....
Old 03-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone
Default Re: Fluttering sound from engine

Is this for the Nissan in your sig?

Your valves might need adjusting. When you downshifted, how high did you rev the engine?
Old 03-05-2008, 06:57 PM
RagPhoto.net

99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough

i would say valves.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by p-stone
Is this for the Nissan in your sig?

Your valves might need adjusting. When you downshifted, how high did you rev the engine?

2,500 I'd say.

And yeah it's for the Nissan. I've got 32k miles on it also.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Fuckinitupagain

How would I adjust the valves when I don't have retainers and rockers?