Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Flushness noob... help?

Old 07-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Flushness noob... help?

Specs: Bassett racing wheels
14x7
3.625" of backspacing
Epic 185/60/14 w/ no lip protector
98 Civic hatch

Damage:

Point and click ... Photoshoot soon to come after fitment is worked on...

Any suggestions on how to get these to fit better? Camber kit, smaller tire + different tire, more low? Am I on the right track?

Edit: Ib4 shits mad dook and all other shitty comments...

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 07-03-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:59 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks
Default Re: Flushness noob... help?

smaller sidewall and a little skinnier tire would help.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by Fiziks
smaller sidewall and a little skinnier tire would help.
Was hoping you'd chime in... The problem w/ 14s is that there is very few options for tires... I'd like to keep my width... I'm afraid if I step up to a 195 to be able to go to a lower series tire, it'll be too wide... I managed to find a 185/50/14 for 91 bux a piece and a 185/55/14 for 47 bux a piece... I'm gonna play w/ the camber and the fenders/quarters tomorrow to see if I can get a better fitment... I also think if I switch to a tire w/ a "lip protector" I'll be able to suck the tire into the fender a little better b/c the tire won't balloon out... I've already sourced a set of Skunk2 front and rear camber kits...

But as of now, what is your opinion on the fitment? Am I doin it wrong?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:30 AM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

The width of the tire as is is actually pretty good, it's even with the fender. The only thing that making it look off slightly is the sidewall height. If you can find a smaller sidewall tire, you'll be able to drop it another inch at least. You might need to get rid of the DIY lip however if you really wanna slam it on it's ass.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Officially Official

Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts

I personally would have gone with a 15x8 because of the fact that tires would be easrier to come by. Especially in a better profile...i know i know everyone has it but for pocket friendly fitment i would say thats the way to go and just by the look of you car...im thinking pocket friendly is your general direction. Not trying to be dick.

But yes, i would have to agree with fiziks. lower profile tire, drop it some more, No lip..or smaller one (I am pretty sure i have seen smaller garage door seals else where) Maybe even thow a spacer in there to get your poke a bit more official.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by Fiziks
The width of the tire as is is actually pretty good, it's even with the fender. The only thing that making it look off slightly is the sidewall height. If you can find a smaller sidewall tire, you'll be able to drop it another inch at least. You might need to get rid of the DIY lip however if you really wanna slam it on it's ass.
Well, my previous ride height was dope... I was banging axles on hard bumps... I had to raise it up a good bit for these to fit... I'll agree the width is good... These are 185/60/14s... Like I said, I've found 185/50s but they have a price tag unlike the 185/55s...

The DIY lip is staying till I find somethin else I like... I'm pretty fond of my flower bed lip w/ spikes in it... I'd like some bigger spikes...

Originally Posted by Good Enough
I personally would have gone with a 15x8 because of the fact that tires would be easrier to come by. Especially in a better profile...i know i know everyone has it but for pocket friendly fitment i would say thats the way to go and just by the look of you car...im thinking pocket friendly is your general direction. Not trying to be dick.

But yes, i would have to agree with fiziks. lower profile tire, drop it some more, No lip..or smaller one (I am pretty sure i have seen smaller garage door seals else where) Maybe even thow a spacer in there to get your poke a bit more official.
Oh I know what you're saying... I'm just lookin for advice on how to get this thing back down to the ground...

Previous ride height..... I'd like to get back down to this...

Btw, if I go to a tire w/ a lip protector the tire will concave in instead of balloon out, right?

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 07-03-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Zerofucksgiven

I've been looking for ways to roll/pull my fenders/quarters... I have a crazy idea involving a phone book and dumping the fuck out of my car... Anyone know if this works... ?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Officially Official

Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts

or just shoot steven a PM and set up an appt...
Old 07-04-2010, 05:53 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by Good Enough
or just shoot steven a PM and set up an appt...
Whos Steven and what would I be setting up an appt. for?
Old 07-04-2010, 05:59 AM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

His username is wishihadasilvia

he can roll your fenders he has done countless cars for me and my friends great work

Quick Reply: Flushness noob... help?