Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

First Build

Old 06-01-2006, 05:21 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob-20 has disabled reputation
Default First Build

Ok...so im getting a 96 integra LS and i want to completely redo it...and this will be my first build...i have money to spend. ive done some research but no one really gets into specifics...and i would like to know what the best setup would be that would fit a 5 grand budget or so....engine wise...im not completely retarded when it comes to cars.... I was thinking a gsr head ported polished...skunk2 cams springs and valves....i can get a turbo on ebay for like 800 bucks...a kit that is...so im not really worried about that...any setup suggestions?
Old 06-01-2006, 06:14 AM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3
Default Re: First Build

not a bad start.. i guess you wanna go Ls/vtec since your using a gsr head.. ive heard shitty stories about the ebay turbo kits..
Old 06-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Registered Member

ya...it seems iffy to me...im not sure like i said this is my first built...maybe if i put it together in pieces from ebay instead of buying a kit...either way its cheaper then tossing 5 grand for a kit which seems stupid to me. lol
Old 06-01-2006, 07:51 AM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3

peice it together.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

The ebay turbo kit is good aside from the actual turbo manifold and some say the turbo. But Hatchman GSR on here has a turbo from Ebay (wet float ball bearing) I believe and it has been pretty good to him. Now, I hope you know..It's not really safe to rev past 7200 RPMS on LS/VTEC because the Valve Reliefs in the pistons aren't big enough for the higher revs when the valves are open longer and are open wider, or if you do, you will have bent valves. EDIT: And I forgot to put "the weakness of rod bolts and weak rod strength.

You oughta pick up another BARE bottom end, Get a turbo kit, ITR pistons and ls rods, get the crank balanced and what not. Pick up a head, do some headwork of YOUR choice to it and piece it together and blam. You will have a nice little setup, also get a lower compression headgasket. but thats just my opinion if I had five Grand

Last edited by DOHC crx VTEC; 06-01-2006 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

blu99teg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DOHC crx VTEC
The ebay turbo kit is good aside from the actual turbo manifold and some say the turbo. But Hatchman GSR on here has a turbo from Ebay (wet float ball bearing) I believe and it has been pretty good to him. Now, I hope you know..It's not really safe to rev past 7200 RPMS on LS/VTEC because the Valve Reliefs in the pistons aren't big enough for the higher revs when the valves are open longer and are open wider, or if you do, you will have bent valves.

You oughta pick up another BARE bottom end, Get a turbo kit, ITR pistons and ls rods, get the crank balanced and what not. Pick up a head, do some headwork of YOUR choice to it and piece it together and blam. You will have a nice little setup, also get a lower compression headgasket. but thats just my opinion if I had five Grand
haha. Stock LS/vtecs shouldnt rev high because of the inherently weak rods and rod bolts. Not the valves.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blu99teg
haha. Stock LS/vtecs shouldnt rev high because of the inherently weak rods and rod bolts. Not the valves.
Sorry, left that part out. But one of my friends missed a gear and it reved to 76xx and he bent the valves on the spot..Piston was pretty scared as well (of course it would be)
Old 06-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

if anything is gonna go on a stock LS block, its gonna be the rod bolts. upgrade the rod bolts and you should be safe to 8k (not 24/7, but for the most part thats the main thing that fails..., it doesnt have anything to do the the valve reliefs in the pistons. it's an interference motor, it'll smack the valves no matter how big the damn reliefs are if something lets go).
Old 06-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

cool...so...if i replaced the rod bolts with better ones...and better pistons it would be fine? ... or should i just buy a gsr bottom end lol.
EDIT: errrrrr rod bolts and rods...sorry i missed that. lol IM TRYIN! haha

Last edited by Rob-20; 06-01-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1

I would build the Ls bottom-end and boost the piss out of it.

Quick Reply: First Build