Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

FG2 07 civic Si trans problems.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Full Access Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype
Default FG2 07 civic Si trans problems.

WHO:
Any owners of the K20 Honda Civic Si, coupe or sedan models, from 2006-2008 who have experienced transmission-related issues.

WHAT:
All 2006-2008 Honda Civic Si (coupe & sedan) models that have experienced any issues related to the 6MT, including, but not limited to,

(a) notchy shifting
(b) resistance going into any gear (particularly 2nd & 3rd)
(c) grinding of any type, in any gear not caused by operator error
(d) transmission not engaging into any gear (particularly 2nd & 3rd)
(e) transmission kicking out/popping out into neutral from 3rd gear
(f) a third gear with an imprecise gate that sometimes allows for the shifter to be unsure whether to engage in 3rd or return to neutral.
(g) had your transmission/syncros replaced and are experiencing transmission woes again with the same (or other) gears.

WHY:
While not all Si models are affected, many owners report having problems related to their transmission, in both cold and warm temperatures. Many attempts at dealerships to replicate these concerns result in being told that the "transmission operates as expected" or that it was "unable to be replicated". Dealings with American Honda (or Honda of Canada) have resulted in little leeway, with typical responses being along the lines of "This is the first we have ever heard of the problem" or similar.

This problem has been occurring on Honda vehicles equipped with this transmission, including, and not limited, to the Acura RSX Type-S, the Honda Accord V6 6MT, and the Honda S2000. These complaints date back to 2002 and, insofar as information has been presented, nothing has been done, and Honda has claimed ignorance of the problem.

WHAT TO DO:
This thread is meant for all those who qualify above to contact American Honda or Honda of Canada to complain about transmission related issues. You will likely be referred to a case manager from the person who takes your complaint, and will be notified within one (1) to two (2) days by your case manager, who will then deal with you.

You are to report to this thread, post your case number (ask the person who takes your call to give it to you), specify your country of origin (Canada or USA) and explain what the call-taker said. Please update this thread when you hear back from your case manager within a few days to finalize your entry to this thread. The follow is what I would like to see included (neatly) in your post.

I emphasize neatness because I am OCD and a straight-forward, uniform method of input will eliminate fragmentation and confusion.

(a) Have transmission related problems on your Civic Si.
(b) Call American/Canadian Honda and submit a complaint about said problem (preferably with documentation to back it)
(c) Obtain a case number from the call-taker
(d) Post your case number along with your country of origin and a summary of what was said.
(e) Include the name of your call-taker and case manager
(f) Update this post summary when you hear back from your case manager.

HOW:
USA: 1-800-999-1009 (I used Option #5)
Canada: 1-888-946-6329

REASON:
Honda has claimed that they have never heard of this problem before, and if we have, in our control, a global list of open case files related to this issue, there is utterly no way Honda can deny that this is something that has been heard of. It will also allow us to prove and disprove any correct/incorrect information that has been floating around (Is there a fix coming? Does Honda recognize the problem?)

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CLUTTERING THE THREAD WITH IRRELEVANT POSTS. THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO MAKE AN EFFORT ONLY!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Full Access Member

jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype
Default Re: FG2 07 civic Si trans problems.

here is a link to the original post.http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic...ber-files.html
Old 01-14-2010, 11:48 AM
projekt_si

stevie has disabled reputation

i'm fortunate enough to not have any of these problems on my 09' FG2. although the rev hang bothers me a bit.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:59 AM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Originally Posted by stevie
i'm fortunate enough to not have any of these problems on my 09' FG2. although the rev hang bothers me a bit.
You are from 06 and fail this hard? Seriously?

On an off note get an accessport. Car drives 500x better
Old 01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
LOLH8RS

straightHYPE has disabled reputation

theres a trans recall at honda for these when i worked at honda there was alot of si's there for that recall