Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

a few transmission questions

Old 01-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shfiftyfive4 has disabled reputation
Default a few transmission questions

On a JDM type-s h22a swapped 5th gen prelude with its (the old USDM) original transmission, is it a good idea to order the type-s tranny or another usdm prelude one?

Where is a good place to buy transmissions separately? Anyone had any experience with buying engines / transmissions off of Ebay motors? Somehow buying a transmission off of ebay doesn't sound too enticing.

Also, in general, when do you stop replacing synchros and just replace the tranny. (Not that it relates to what I asked above.)

thanks for any questions answered.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:51 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright
Default Re: a few transmission questions

You main question I do not know the answer to that, but I know that most shops that sell imported engines they usually do not have just a transmission or will part a swap out unless you have a buyer for the long block. This is just my experiences.

The only issue with Ebay on parts like this is making sure that you get a good transmission free of any problems.