Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

A few ?'s about lowering my car

Old 05-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ninja11 has disabled reputation
Default A few ?'s about lowering my car

Ok so i got my car working and everything. i bought some rims and now i have a giant wheel gap, i looks like my car is lifted(not really but its big, maybe 3 inches). anyway i am thinking about either getting coilovers or just lowering springs, i cant decide. Then i started to wonder if i need to get an adjustable camber kit so i wouldnt have to deal w/ uneven tire wear or buying new tires too often.
So what do i really need to lower my car i was thinking 2 inches max i dont wanna slam it cus there are alot of bumps around my neighborhood. Price is a factor , im only 17 so im not made of money.
These are the coilovers that i was thinking about getting...
http://www.sportcompactonly.com/Hond...3291_v-103.htm
Old 05-09-2008, 05:51 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: A few ?'s about lowering my car

I'm assuming that you have a civic based on your sig....

You can lower your car to a max of 1.8 inch max without having too much camber issues.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

i prefer springs because they are more comfortable.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:45 AM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

if you do get camber kits, make sure you purchase the fronts WITH the ball joint. if not, youll be in for more work than you really want to take on.

and ps: if it were me, i would have purchased the suspension before the wheels. spend the money on whats going to improve the quality of the ride, not the look.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/parts-archive-77/sale-wheels-camber-kit-racing-seat-236675/
is that the type of camber kit i want? sorry im new to this stuff.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

alright ive been doing some looking and ive decided to go w/ coilovers. ive found a few berands in my price range. i was wonderign if anyone had anything good or bad to say about dropzone coilovers($110), skunk 2 coilovers($340ish) or reactive coilovers($240ish). i thought id put a price next to them just because .. i know the more you pay the better they will probably be. so im interested in the skunk 2 or the reactive at the moment. oh and if i were to buy these would they be compatable with my stock shocks until i can buy new 1s?

Last edited by Ninja11; 05-11-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

VaEBP will become famous soon enough

skunk 2s arent bad, i had them for on my car for a short time and they felt stiff... im now on tein flex full coilover set but if money is short, look into a set of ground controls and a set of good shocks
Old 05-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

thanks for the reply man.i was just lookin at shocks because i read a few reviews. looks like it is gonna cost more that i thought... fun
i might get the reactive coilovers because there mid range out of the 1s i have looked at and then get some shocks to go w/ them.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

Slam it down low as it will got, it will cause nothing but headaches but damn will it look good. ofcourse you should get a camber kit. i slam all my cars then have problems gettin the on lifts to do work or scraping tryin to get into wendys. ride pretty stiff

but by god i wouldnt have it any other way
Old 05-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

haha, i don tthink ill slam it lol. i just found a set of nib kyb gr2's w/ some skunk2 coilovers so im gonna try to get them probably. is it hard to get it to pass inspection w/ this stuff or could i just raise it to as high as it will go?

Quick Reply: A few ?'s about lowering my car