Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

F22 Crank bolt issues

Old 08-19-2006, 04:55 AM
Doin' (today) stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS
Default F22 Crank bolt issues

Trying to remove the crank pulley on an f22b1. does anyone have the tool to remove the crank bolt? it's an automatic so i can't put it in gear to immobilize the crank that way. anyone? it looks like a gigantic socket with an arm and a hold for a 1/2 dr. need to get this off so i can get my underdrive pulley on.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell
Default Re: F22 Crank bolt issues

put the wheels half way on the ground, Get a breaker bar with a long extention, 19 mill. socket, there is a little plug in the fender cover pop that out. pull the ebrake and yank that bitch off! Or just use an air impact. Sometimes that doesn't take it off though. Or you can put the socket and breaker bar on a part of you frame and crank the car! that has worked many times for me.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

snap-on makes a tool that holds the pulley while you nail it with a massive breaker bar or impact gun. hondas are notorious for having 100million ft-lbs of torque on the crankbolt.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

Originally Posted by Uh_Dave
put the wheels half way on the ground, Get a breaker bar with a long extention, 19 mill. socket, there is a little plug in the fender cover pop that out. pull the ebrake and yank that bitch off!
works on manuals. NOT on autos.

have a socket i can buy but didn't know if anyone had one i could umm... borrow. i just don't wanna pay $60+ for a socket i'll use for 30 seconds and never need again.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:25 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

It works on any car! I have done it on an auto before. and I also listed off many other ways to get it off without using a 60$ socket (even though it is still going to be money well spent).
Old 08-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

instead of the socket they make this thing called a chain wrench it will wrap around your crank pulley and hold it still i think sears sells them for like 15 bux
Old 08-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by drifterJERRY
snap-on makes a tool that holds the pulley while you nail it with a massive breaker bar or impact gun. hondas are notorious for having 100million ft-lbs of torque on the crankbolt.
You can buy the crank tool from any tool distributor. Ie.. Matco, Snap on, Mac...

The engines with known issues with removing the crank bolt were the F22's. Your best bet is a large breaker bar and the tool or a 1/2" impact.

By the way, Hondas are not notorious for large amounts of torque on the crank bolt.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Doin' (today) stuff

bought the socket. not gonna fuck up my crank bolt.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:25 AM
Doin' (today) stuff

gonna need a bigger breaker bar...
Old 08-29-2006, 07:39 AM
H dizzle

according has disabled reputation

why the hell are you wasteing your time putting an underdrive pulley on an automatic?

Quick Reply: F22 Crank bolt issues