Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

F20b2 in a 94 accord coupe...

Old 03-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kels200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default F20b2 in a 94 accord coupe...

Found a f20b2 (jdm) in Dallas, Tx. but it needs main bearings. Comes with everything to do swap, but wondering how hard it is to rebuild for main bearings,and will my f22 turbo manifold bolt to it. Guy wants my f22 b2complete swap for his. Is this a good Deal,and how hard will the main bearings be,and will the turbo manifold for my f22 bolt up?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:19 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: F20b2 in a 94 accord coupe...

I would not reccomend Turboing a 12:1 compression stock motor! It is an all motor BEAST! Sell the turbo set up and get ITBs and a dank manifold! You'll be making 220-225WHP NA!

As for manifold match up I believe it does, but I am not 100% sure. Also, rebuilding the main bearings requires taking the motor COMPLETELY apart, so unless it's really cheap and you have the bearings on hand it might not be worth it, if you could post the price I might be able to say whether or not it's worth it.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:40 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
I would not reccomend Turboing a 12:1 compression stock motor! It is an all motor BEAST! Sell the turbo set up and get ITBs and a dank manifold! You'll be making 220-225WHP NA!

As for manifold match up I believe it does, but I am not 100% sure. Also, rebuilding the main bearings requires taking the motor COMPLETELY apart, so unless it's really cheap and you have the bearings on hand it might not be worth it, if you could post the price I might be able to say whether or not it's worth it.

do what he said, i loved that motor. pick one up if you can
Old 03-19-2006, 04:07 AM
Registered Member

kels200 is an unknown quantity at this point

thread closed.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:26 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Why, what happened?

Describe the "b2", I'm not sure if it's the same one I had.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

an f20b2 is not jdm. It might be ukdm. But JDM motors do not end with a number.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

the f20b is an accord sir which is jdm

the accord euros only had a h22
Old 03-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

But what about the f20b2 different motor from the f20b.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by SlowLS
But what about the f20b2 different motor from the f20b.
I have heard there is a SOHC crap motor with the F20b code...maybe it's the "b2".
Old 03-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kels200
Found a f20b2 (jdm) in Dallas, Tx. but it needs main bearings. Comes with everything to do swap, but wondering how hard it is to rebuild for main bearings,and will my f22 turbo manifold bolt to it. Guy wants my f22 b2complete swap for his. Is this a good Deal,and how hard will the main bearings be,and will the turbo manifold for my f22 bolt up?
It depends on if there is any crank damage, which, if the bearings need replacing from oil starvation, there most likely is.. You might as well replace the rod and thrust bearings as well while you are in there..

You don't have to disassemble the motor to replace the bearings, or "rebuild it" unless its a bad case where metal shavings need to be flushed..

I replaced my main/rod/thrust bearings in the car in my garage.. Take off the oil pan and the main caps(and block girdle if your motor has one), then everything is right in front of you.. I removed the tension on the acc. belts and the bearings slid around rather easily with a piece of slim wood and a rubber mallet..

Not gonna go into detail b/c you don't even have the motor yet, but if you don't have crank damage then its not hard..