Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

f body question

Old 11-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default f body question

On a 3.8 2000 camaro,how is the quick disconnect on the slave cylinder supposed to work?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 AM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd
Default Re: f body question

Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

I'd assume like the quick disconnect on the slave on a C5... pull back the collar and it seperates.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

So I figured it out. Now I'm trying to separate the trans from the engine. Any tips? Two top. Bellhousing bolts suck.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Registered member

To update for future reference. I've used GM quick disconnects before. For the fuel systems, they have theese tools that wrap around the line, then you push into the fitting to seperate. The system on the fbody did not have any where to slide in the tool. Theres actually a small piece of white plastic on the hydraulic line side of the fitting. Take a screw driver to push this down as far in as possible toward the trans. After its all the way down, pull on the hydraulic line to seperate.

As far as the bolts go;
On the T56 on GT0's, you can simple seperate the trans from the bellhousing, then easily get to those bolts. Because the slave cylinder on the f-body is bolted to the back of the bellhousing and the slave cylinder lines come out the side, you can't do this. What you have to do is get a flex coupling on the end of the socket (on the top two bolts) and extension down. I suggest using a half inch. Reason being, 3/8" drive system was flexing too much and not applying all the torque onto the bolt.

Now i'm off to drop the completely blued flywheel off to the machine shop :ack: