Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Extreme Boost GT30 Turbo

Old 09-29-2004, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wld2rde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extreme Boost GT30 Turbo

Has anyone on this board used Extreme Boosts GT30 Dual Ball Bearing Turbo kit on a B18 or even a B16 honda yet. I have heard good things about them for the Toyota MR2's, but I think that they just came out with this kit probably 6 months ago for honda's. If you have any experiences with this turbo on a Honda let me know.

Kind of curious and thinking about maybe getting one of their kits dont know yet though, not enough facts to persuade me yet.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:04 AM
I gots boost

noshoes is a jewel in the roughnoshoes is a jewel in the roughnoshoes is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Extreme Boost GT30 Turbo

Originally Posted by wld2rde
Has anyone on this board used Extreme Boosts GT30 Dual Ball Bearing Turbo kit on a B18 or even a B16 honda yet. I have heard good things about them for the Toyota MR2's, but I think that they just came out with this kit probably 6 months ago for honda's. If you have any experiences with this turbo on a Honda let me know.

Kind of curious and thinking about maybe getting one of their kits dont know yet though, not enough facts to persuade me yet.
Stay away from that company. The word "kit" usually means all of the parts needed for the install are included, and that they ship together. If you feel like signing up on the MR2 message board, do a search for buyers sellers feedback on extreme bust.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

piece together your own kit to get what you want, and for much less..
Old 09-30-2004, 12:52 PM

wld2rde is an unknown quantity at this point

I know someone that pieced together a kit before and it turned out to be more of a headache than anything else so im just going to buy a kit. i heard some good stories about this one so i though i would ask.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Why? all the kits you find with exception of a few(Greddy) just give you an FMU for fuel management.. thats retarded for spending $3,000.. FMU is so basic and unreliable..

You need to be willing to do your own work... you save money with piecing together stuff by countless hours of research for the right parts, small fabrication for piping, tuning it, etc.. but thats what being an enthusiast is all about right? WORKING on the car.. not spending a few grand for a kit then pay a shop to install it..