Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Expedition Window

Old 05-19-2006, 03:51 PM
:) I am a patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mandyluvschevys is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Expedition Window

I don't know what Happened but a few months ago I went to NH and it was cold freezing etc. my expeditions window got stuck I wiggled it loose (there are tolls out there) and it rolled down but then it just fell down the door...the motor still makes noise when I push the button but the wondow does not move I have a burp cloth stucl in there holding it up right now. If I remove it the wondow falls. A mechanic told me it was a regualtor and It would run me 500$ to fix...which uh' yeah just isnt there to spend at the moment. Anyone know how I can fix it...? The door handle also popped out and I cant open the door from the inside only from the outside. In need of some serious advice or help.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Expedition Window

The glass probably popped loose from the mouting pads, sometimes the adhesive just comes off. I've seen this a lot in domestic stuff. If this is what happened, and you can see where the pads were bonded on, it can be repaired for pretty cheap. You'll need some glass adhesive, which you should be able to find at an autoglass shop, and you just have to take the door apart and bond/clamp everything back together. Some cars it's damn near impossible to do and some are very easy. Take the interior door panel off and see if you can get a good idea of what's going on.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:19 PM
:) I am a patron

mandyluvschevys is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a little pregnant at the moment so I cant do much with my cars right now...I just dont think 500$ for them to look at it is worth it. Would you know of any places that could do it or someone who would do the work for a little less or maybe just to check it out?
Old 05-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Anyone can check it out, once the interior door panel (the upholstered panel) is taken off, the problem is easy to spot. Fixing it is a different story, but the once you know what's wrong you can go to a mechanic, glass shop, etc., depending on what's wrong. It really sounds mechanical instead of electrical. I'd help ya out but I live a long way from the 757 now..
Old 05-20-2006, 12:22 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

hell i can take a look at it for you if need be. im located in portsmouth...so im not far at all for you to drive it to me
Old 05-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

chuckyarus has disabled reputation

$500 I do glass work for a living and I only charge $45 to go into a door, tell you whats wrong, put it back together and take it apart again when new parts are at the shop. It's probably what fabrik8 said. worst comes to worse get a regulator from a junk yard and get it swapped out. It shouldn't be but a $100 job worse case.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:56 AM
Is Watching You

litlespicisgay is an unknown quantity at this point

retired ford tech i have seen this dozens of times and i will fix it for 100. parts included