Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Exhaust System Questions

Old 08-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xLostCauzex has disabled reputation
Default Exhaust System Questions

I have a question about Exhaust Systems in Cars. I'm trying to learn about cars the best I can.

If you take out the resonator from a exhaust system, will it make a louder sound from the internal combustion engine? Is it possible to take out a resonator or is it needed in the Exhaust System. Do people usually take it out? If you take it out, does it create back pressure within the Exhaust System?

I'm Learning about the in's and outs of Cars, so these curious questions come up from study. If they are stupid questions, just answer them anyways. Im trying to learn the most about cars so the possibilities of becoming a auto mechanic would be one of my choice of careers when the time arrives.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disisaghettosn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Exhaust System Questions

There is no point in taking it off, resonators dont create back pressure just help quiet down the exhaust and take away some rasspyness. If you are looking for a performance gain then you should get a high flow cat and catback. Is that why you are asking? What type of vehicle?