Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Exhaust Options please.......

Old 12-09-2002, 06:07 AM
Go fuck yourself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.
Default Exhaust Options please.......

Yes i know I stole the thread name from nighthawk sorta...

but heres my problem I'm gonna finish my Civic swap soon (2-3 weeks) and I dont have exhaust I'm getting a high flow cat (don't know what brand) and all my piping is gonna be made for me but i need a muffler...I dont want anything to loud but I want some HP from it....I was looking at tanabe's new series HYPER , nad the Apex N1 but im still not sure and sugg. would be great..
Old 12-09-2002, 06:34 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Not sure about a quiet exhaust. I have heard the Apexi is loud. I have the HKS Hipers on my Z, and they would be really loud if it were NA. Just don't get one that makes you sound like a dirt bike.

If you're getting custom pipes made, have em go all the way back and skip the hi-flow cat.

If it were my Civic, it would be turbochared, so I'd get a Thermal 3" cat-back with test pipes.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:48 AM
STFU-N-RACE

03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts

CATCO for the catback and OBX for the muffler
Old 12-09-2002, 07:20 AM
Go fuck yourself

nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.

its n/a for now...Once I sell my Jeep it will be turbocharged. I really dont want to change my exhaust to much once i go turbo. So I guess I'm looking for an exhaust that would sound and perform good on a ls turboed 90 civic hatch.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:32 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Are you going to be selling your Jeep right away, or holding on to it for a little while?
Old 12-09-2002, 07:39 AM
Go fuck yourself

I'm holding it till the car gets broken in and running reliable..u know the deal. I think im gonna wait till after winter, and closer to spring break then a lot more people will be interested in it. Jeeps are hot as shit in the summer "top down chrome spinnin." But it's still up in the air b/ I love my baby shes my first, I'm scared to sell her. But if and when I do sell her, it will be on here first.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:48 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by 03 tibby
CATCO for the catback and OBX for the muffler
Shawn, don't lead him to the darkside. Screw OBX, get a quality brand exhaust.
Originally posted by 2slow2race
its n/a for now...Once I sell my Jeep it will be turbocharged. I really dont want to change my exhaust to much once i go turbo. So I guess I'm looking for an exhaust that would sound and perform good on a ls turboed 90 civic hatch.
If this is true, wait on the exhaust. You'll need a 3" exhaust, and Thermal is the only company I've seen that makes them for Hondas. So I would stay stock until turbo, and get either a TRD catback or custom pipes.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:05 AM
Go fuck yourself

i dont have any Stock exhaust so so u reccomed i just get the stock off a junk yard car???
Old 12-09-2002, 08:13 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by 2slow2race
i dont have any Stock exhaust so so u reccomed i just get the stock off a junk yard car???
For your exhaust, skip the HFC and put a Borla XR-1 muffler in it's place for a presilencer. Then put whatever on for the main muffler, that'll keep it about the same noise level and give more preformance. If you really plan on turbo'ing it in the near future (like a couple months or so) go ahead and have the 3" exhaust made, it'll pay off in the end. You'll lose NA power, but it'll make the turbo respond so much better when you get it.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:12 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by FastX7
If you really plan on turbo'ing it in the near future (like a couple months or so) go ahead and have the 3" exhaust made, it'll pay off in the end. You'll lose NA power, but it'll make the turbo respond so much better when you get it.

You can live with 2.5'' exhaust on a turbo...but 3'' is SO much better.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Options please.......