Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Exhaust Help

Old 05-21-2003, 02:40 PM
I Piss Excellence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exhaust Help

Ok...Here's the deal....I had just an Aerospeed muffler on. Got a ticket for that. So I've got court next week and I'm tryin to get it all dropped. So I went to get it changed to stock. And while I was there, I asked about 2.25 in piping all the way back. But I didn't have the cash to do all that. SO the guy "hooked me up" and ran 2.25 for the rear quarter section. But he said instead of runnin it to a stock muffler, he'd run it into a "turbo" muffler. So I said ok. I was thinkin "Turbo muffler......better airflow.....ok...." So I did it. And they but a 2.25 in tailpipe on there, which doesn't look stock at all.

So now, its basically just as loud as my old exhaust, which was really loud since I had a small hole in my pipe. I want horsepower without all the noise. And well to top it all off.....they forgot to mention that there's a little turbine inside the muffler. And well..........it sounds just gay. SO.....what do u guys think I should do?

1. Leave it
2. Swap out the turbo muffler for a stock one.
3. Have them take it off and remove the turbine and run a smaller tailpipe.
4. Any other suggestions.

PLEASE help me out. I seriously want to know what I should do....

Last edited by Shive; 05-21-2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Smee

LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98

werent you trying to change it back to stock in the first place? if you were gonna do that to get ur tickets dropped, i just say switch it to stock
Old 05-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

Kioller is an unknown quantity at this point

If your ticket said "defective exhaust" buy a silencer. when the judge says did you fix it, jsut tell him that this peice of metal turns your pipe into a stock sounding and feeling, including emisions tail pipe.... they hear the word stock, and you fixed it. and i got mine dropped i had the bomb series arospeed muffler. and still do.... with the lil silencer. cops dun look twice
Old 05-21-2003, 06:34 PM
I Piss Excellence

Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute

Naw, my ticket was for "Excessive Exhaust Noise". So I'm just slappin on a stock. I'm buyin Sung's from him tomorrow. Unless someone else has any better suggestions....

Oh and I had a silencer, but it umm........kinda......shot out.......lol. The nuts vibrated loose and the bolt fell out so when I accelerated, it just shot.....
Old 05-21-2003, 08:49 PM
dRive haRd

Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point

i ASUME YOU GOT A CIVIC YES? JUST INVEST YOUR MONEY INTO A FULL CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM. THAT WAY YOU CAN SWAP OUT YOUR EXHAUST SYSTEM IF YOU GET A TICKET. nOW IF YOU WANT A REALLY QUIET EXHAUST, GO WITH THE DC SPORTS TCS EXHAUST SYSTEM, MY BUDDY HAS ONE AND ITS HELLA QUIET EVERYTIME THE RPM GOES UP AND ALSO GAINS POWER AS WELL.

http://www.dcsports.com/tcs.html
Old 05-21-2003, 09:31 PM
I Piss Excellence

Yea, I was actually thinking about getting that exhaust system. I've heard alot of good shit about it. Only problem now........is the loot......
Old 05-21-2003, 10:10 PM
dRive haRd

Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point

EBAY should have a good deal. Its a all stainless steel piping down to the muffler. I use to Work at DC sports, delivering parts for them 4 years ago. whenever I fly back home to Cali for familiy visit I visit them cause also my best buddy works there. Their company is down the block from me. And am gonna kick it with them on Sept for Nopi Nationals.