Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

exhaust help =P

Old 01-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Significant has disabled reputation
Default exhaust help =P

alright so it started of with me having a downpipe and a apexi exhaust a nice turbo exhaust setup... after getting pulled over quite a bit i hated having the n1 and i also didnt have a silencer on it... i went over to another exhaust setup with the same downpipe but i bought a bpipe replacement instead which was tanabe and ss... bolted it up to the stock muffler and pretty much loved the sound and the decent amount of power it gave me... so after getting a few other parts on the car for power i welded together a basic 3" flange and a 90degree mandrel bend pipe to use on the track... well now that i have a larger turbo and a trunk mount intercooler i plan on having more than 1 source of air... even though the ic never actually got hot i want to keep even cooler... so i cut off this muffler from something that actually fit and welded a short 90 to it... i knew it was going to be louder but i didnt know by how much so i did it... cars now to loud and im pretty sure im going to get another exhaust ticket eventually... so if anyone has any ideas on saving space under my trunk for my ic scoop that would be create... or a really small super quiet muffler... sorry for the long text but just thought id inform readers... here are some pics...

heres the setup i use now...

heres the muffler i chopped off and weld in 1 hour with no measurements... ill fix it later if i decide to use it still...

heres what im going for... i need space to weld up a scoop for my ic... most mr2 owners with tmic usually cut the trunk out and use 2 puller fans but the previous setup with the stock muffler emits so much heat it would just heat soak the ic...

scoop/exhaust setup is from hyde on mr2oc.com
Old 01-21-2007, 05:47 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: exhaust help =P

I guess you dont need me to fabricate the turbine flange/housing anymore.....
Old 01-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered member

Significant has disabled reputation

actually ive always had a welder but i suck and i never do it... i just wanted to make a crappy exhaust for now... also the reason i had you do my ic pipe and i dont trust my self to do important welds on my car... and my buddy owes me quite a bit of money before i can even start my new setup... its my only source of income right now... and thats why i havent gotten back to you yet...
Old 01-21-2007, 05:00 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

it's all good man.