Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

exhaust ?

Old 02-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr
Default exhaust ?

I just finished my ls swap in my 94 civic. The stock exhaust does not line up with the down pipe and is to long. I'm trying to figure out what exhaust I need to make everything work. I've called some muffler shops around here and they all require a cat and won't do anything without one. I was thinking about just buying a test pipe/ high flow cat and then getting straight pipe ran the rest of the way. I'd rather buy a complete exhaust system and be done with it. Will a integra exhaust work, or what do u guys suggest?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: exhaust ?

Originally Posted by Projctr
I just finished my ls swap in my 94 civic. The stock exhaust does not line up with the down pipe and is to long. I'm trying to figure out what exhaust I need to make everything work. I've called some muffler shops around here and they all require a cat and won't do anything without one. I was thinking about just buying a test pipe/ high flow cat and then getting straight pipe ran the rest of the way. I'd rather buy a complete exhaust system and be done with it. Will a integra exhaust work, or what do u guys suggest?
quoted.

to answer your question: get your existing exhaust modified by a good welding shop and get cats put inline.

running without cats runs a very high $$$ fine, and you'll walk home when caught.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr Projctr

that would be fine cept for my stock exhaust is 1 3/4 and I'm wanting either 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch. But I might end up having to do that.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

ZebraEJ8 ZebraEJ8 ZebraEJ8 ZebraEJ8 ZebraEJ8 ZebraEJ8 ZebraEJ8 ZebraEJ8 ZebraEJ8 ZebraEJ8 ZebraEJ8

Not sure what you're asking here... It shouldn't be a problem for any halfway decent muffler shop to make you an exhaust, with cat, in whatever size you want.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

yea I am prolly gonna have that done I was just thinking if I could find one that was bolt on and would fit I'd rather go that route and be cheaper but it's cool.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by Projctr
yea I am prolly gonna have that done I was just thinking if I could find one that was bolt on and would fit I'd rather go that route and be cheaper but it's cool.
you want a bolt on for a ls engine into a civic?

bolt on some ls engine headers, use a civic cat-back, and get a custom piece to mate the two with cats welded inline.