Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

exhaust

Old 01-04-2004, 03:12 PM
squeegee my fiji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†
Default exhaust

i recently ( mid november) got and installed a Apex-i world sports full catback exhaust on my 2001 civic ex. if you do not know already, this exhaust system is designed to be quiet. and has a low exhaust tone.

lately, i have been noticing that at mid to high RPM (cerca VTEC) there is a faint buzzing/rattling that i didnt notice before. it coming from under the front seats, which is relative to the catalytic converter. i just jacked my car up, and checked the bolts that connected to the cat, and the bolts that connect to the resonator, and found that there could have used some tightening and did so. when i got my car off the jack stands, and started it up, the rattle started at 4000. all the hangers were in place, and not loose, and nothing appeared wrong. could it be that the wider diameter piping, which is now 2.5", is rattling against the under body of the car? or is this something i shouldnt bother about?

-carson
Old 01-07-2004, 03:27 PM
the tag says it all.

1BADDSM is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you replace your gaskets when you swapped the exhaust?
Old 01-07-2004, 04:30 PM
E for Engourged.

4BangerCivic has disabled reputation

i hope they don't rattle against the car..i just got my 3" catback :-/
Old 01-08-2004, 06:39 AM
squeegee my fiji

†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†

yes it came with new gaskets...i mean, i dont think it is anything serious. iit only does it when its revd high, or coming outta first gear, and like when i have to go slow over a speed bump and let the clutch out slow. i dont think its too bad of a problem, but i didnt want to leave it overlookd.

-carson
Old 01-08-2004, 11:15 AM
missed....

Cell Cell

specter, its your heat shield, mine does the same, i put bolts in it again and they fell out, take the heat shield off the cat and you will be fine. you'll have to cut the top one off because your o2 sensor goes through it. hope this helps, if it doesn't, msg me on aim, you have my name.

edit: i just got done taking my top heat shield off and no more rattle. btw to get it off you just need to take your o2 sensor off real quick, let me know if you need help.

Last edited by Cell; 01-08-2004 at 08:41 PM.