Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Exedy Clutch Newb

Old 03-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSGuRL850 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Exedy Clutch Newb

Does anyone know where I can get info on Exedy's OEM clutch replacement?

Story line- 07 Cobalt SS/SC started slipping when we did a stage 2 upgrade. We put bigger injectors (42lb) and a 2.85 pulley on it. Stock pulley was a 3.3? I believe, I cant remember the exact size.

Anyways- I was just wondering if the OEM replacement clutch by Exedy was better than the OEM from the orginal manufactor. It says it is. Id really like to know the torque specs on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I cant afford to do a stage 2 or 3 clutch upgrade because of money situation (saving money for dyno/tune)
Old 03-16-2009, 06:16 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: Exedy Clutch Newb

have u tried exedy's toll free/customer service? you should go ahead save for an upgraded clutch rather than risking slippage again on an OEM replacement. also, try other brands like Competition Clutch or Clutch Masters. On several occassions, i've discovered that upgradiing to the next stage was less than $100 in difference.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Clutchmasters is so expensive for the car. ive never heard of Competion Clutch. Ill have to check that out.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Originally Posted by SSGuRL850
Clutchmasters is so expensive for the car. ive never heard of Competion Clutch. Ill have to check that out.
Also look at ACT or Spec clutches. I know that ACT works great and they seem to be better than CM or CC but, this is my opinion.

I see that you are in niceville that is a great place to vacation at.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay

Originally Posted by wright
Also look at ACT or Spec clutches. I know that ACT works great and they seem to be better than CM or CC but, this is my opinion.

+1

I hate comp clutches... Before i went with a twin disk i had an act extreme pressure plate with a full face street strip clutch disk and it held 400+whp for well over a year of daily driving and held 630whp and did not slip. Plus the grab of releasing the pedel is not as bad a 4 or 6 puck clutches.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by wright

Yea, Im from VA. But I forgot my user name and password to my old account here. Plus it was time for some change anyways. Ill be back in VA to visit in May. Ill be in the 757

Originally Posted by CustomX
+1

I hate comp clutches... Before i went with a twin disk i had an act extreme pressure plate with a full face street strip clutch disk and it held 400+whp for well over a year of daily driving and held 630whp and did not slip. Plus the grab of releasing the pedel is not as bad a 4 or 6 puck clutches.
Thanks so much for all your help!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

iceguyb14 has disabled reputation

the exedy OEM clutch option is better than the stock clutch yes. they have many options for different cars.

for a focus, the stock clutch starts to slip around 200wtq.. the exedy oem clutch/flywheel doesnt slip at 240+wtq.

the company i got my turbo from tested it on one of their cars and said it held up great to the abuse of the track at over 240wtq..