Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

engine swap, please!!! help needed for ignition info

Old 03-17-2005, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nonphixion46 has disabled reputation
Default engine swap, please!!! help needed for ignition info

Heres the situation and everything is set up for tomarrow. I have a totaled 96 prelude with a good engine in it(H23, auto) and i have a 93 prelude with a (h23,manual) blown engine. So obviously im putting the good engine in the car thats not toatoled. From what i know everything should work, just swap flywheels off of the blown manual motor an put it on the engine that came from the 96 auto. Mind you i want to keep this car stick, so there is a free auto trans if you want it, any-ee how, the starter is differnt , i know that so just swap it off the blown motor, easy enough. My problem is the 96 is a ed2 or some shit and the 93 ignition is a ed1. Thus supposedly im gonna have to do some wiring changes. Honestly i dont know so if there is anyone out the with some info. please let me know, its so apprerated.

Dan
Old 03-17-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: engine swap, please!!! help needed for ignition info

Originally Posted by nonphixion46
Heres the situation and everything is set up for tomarrow. I have a totaled 96 prelude with a good engine in it(H23, auto) and i have a 93 prelude with a (h23,manual) blown engine. So obviously im putting the good engine in the car thats not toatoled. From what i know everything should work, just swap flywheels off of the blown manual motor an put it on the engine that came from the 96 auto. Mind you i want to keep this car stick, so there is a free auto trans if you want it, any-ee how, the starter is differnt , i know that so just swap it off the blown motor, easy enough. My problem is the 96 is a ed2 or some shit and the 93 ignition is a ed1. Thus supposedly im gonna have to do some wiring changes. Honestly i dont know so if there is anyone out the with some info. please let me know, its so apprerated.

Dan
im going to have two full preludes so hopefully if i need a part its going to be on on of the two
Old 03-17-2005, 12:16 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

pm sent
Old 03-17-2005, 01:32 PM

Any other helpfull hits or something i need to know?
Old 03-17-2005, 01:33 PM

ummm, that would be "hints"