Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

engin swap ecu question 97-01 lude

Old 10-28-2010, 11:47 AM
BBSquad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic
Default engin swap ecu question 97-01 lude

can a 2001 prelude base stock ecu 5spd run an h23a vtec[bluetop] motor? remember this motor only came in automatic in europe. My car is a 5spd. on OEM ECU... HELP PLEASE
Old 10-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: engin swap ecu question 97-01 lude

So what transmission are you using the Bluetop with, an automatic or manual? I would assume that your stock ECU is probably not going to properly run the new engine, and by 'properly run' I mean you may not have all the power that you should have if you used the correct ECU because the stock calibration (tune) will be different. If there aren't any good options for manual trans ECUs for the new engine, the solution might be to use an OBD1 ECU (and adapter harness) and get the ECU properly tuned for the new engine.

I'm not a Prelude guy so I can't offer much more advice than that.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Oh, I don't know if this is possible or not for that ECU, but some of the automatic OBD2 ECUs can be converted to manual trans use by changing a few parts inside. A lot of the ECUs have both auto and manual trans programs inside, and some of the parts tell the ECU which program to use. Something to look into at least.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
BBSquad

Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic

My car is a Manual. And the H23vtec ecu is auto only. I will be using the h22 base manual tranny. Not sure on the code. If i were to get a jumperharness to an OBD1 Ecu and have the car tuned, will it still pass emissions? are we looking at another 1000$+ to have the car tuned?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

whpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these parts

It Should. DO you have a two wire iacv on the blue top? If so you are good to go. If not you will have to try and get a JDM obd2b Ecu.
And a jumper harness.