Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ek hatch with no start. Need help.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:56 AM
JDMWHAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these parts
Question Ek hatch with no start. Need help.

98 ek hatch
D16y8
Auto trans
New battery

Car cranks but just won't fire. I checked fuel rail it's getting up there.

What are some tips you guys might suggest for me to look into that could lead to fixing it. I just had it running about two to three days ago. Car has been sitting for a little while but have been keeping up on it. It's definitely has fuel In the tank also.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Ek hatch with no start. Need help.

Check the Cap and Rotor
Old 03-05-2011, 09:22 AM
JDMWHAT

Venom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these partsVenom98Hatch is infamous around these parts

Checked cap and rotor and appears to be ok.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

Add new gas.

Crank the starter for a few seconds. Pull the plugs and check for spark. It should smeel of gas. This is a good time to check fuel is getting to the combustion chamber. Fuel might be getting to the rail but if the injectors are not getting ground, they wont open. This is . . . wait for it . . . a surefire! way to check for fuel at the endpoint of its route.

Originally Posted by Venom98Hatch
98 ek hatch
D16y8
Auto trans
New battery

Car cranks but just won't fire. I checked fuel rail it's getting up there.

What are some tips you guys might suggest for me to look into that could lead to fixing it. I just had it running about two to three days ago. Car has been sitting for a little while but have been keeping up on it. It's definitely has fuel In the tank also.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:39 AM
JDMWHAT

Ok ill take a look here shortly.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

ALR85 has disabled reputation

buddy of mine had this problem. let me get in touch with him and see how he resolved it and i'll get back to you
Old 03-16-2011, 02:45 AM
JDMWHAT

Thanks a lot.