Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ek exhaust cracked

Old 07-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
foooe-doooe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ek exhaust cracked

my exhaust had had a leak for a while, apperently it was larger than i had anticipated and just snapped off while driving. i was curious if i would be able too weld it back up its right on the backside of the cat. ive heard that it might not work due too rust. also was wondering if there is any other fixes i can do
Old 07-17-2011, 02:13 PM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi
Default Re: ek exhaust cracked

Really???
Go to an exhaust shop guy
Old 07-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

^^^^ agree, or buy a used exhaust.

for a temp fix you should be able to get a piece of pipe that is a little larter that the stock exhaust and slip it over like a coupling and then clamp both ends. This is as long as there is enough material on either side for the coupling to attach to.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

i see catbacks go for 150-250$ on here all the time.. real easy to do.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:28 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

have someone cut it from where the rust starts and ends and weld a pipe in place of it for like 50$ if your close to nova I can send a friends number that does it for a living. pm me