Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

eg swap harness help

Old 12-15-2009, 11:12 PM
JRK
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these parts
Default eg swap harness help

Ok so my buddy got a 93 hatch with a supposidly b20 vtec check the head out its a pr3 (b16) 99 and the block vin is grinded off and the haress is ****ed so bad it doesnt hit vtec and all the sensors need to b replaced from the ecu's stand point..so were scrapping the harness and found a harness for sale .......let me know what u think if it would work or not ..and if not what harness i should run.. BTW its a p72 ecu 94 gsr

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95...item2a03335d3d

the hting that gets me tho is that it says gsr but yet ut has a vtec conversion harness ???

also anyway to find out what block it is cause theres deff no oil line ran for the vtec to the head so im ****ing crazy confused thank!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:54 AM
Registered Member

gsrhach has disabled reputation
Default Re: eg swap harness help

My $.02 if the wiring harness is all hacked up id definatly get another one you could get a gsr harness or use another civic harness and buy harness for the vtec or run your own wires its not difficult . And to find out what block it is . if the plate is grinded off the front and you have not oil line kit the head may have to come off anyway cause it sounds like you need to get the ls vtec kit .Measure the cylinders with a dial bore guage i think its 84 mm
Old 12-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Banned

Paint Workz has disabled reputation

Just look for a 92-95 civic ex wiring harness. Is there a vin plate on the bottom end?
Old 12-16-2009, 11:28 AM
JRK
Banned

JRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these partsJRK is infamous around these parts

nope no vin at all , yea if its b20 it should b 84mm .. i guess im gonna yank the head off and find out if its a what they said it is and go from there buyn a harness is nothing so .. thnx
Old 12-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Just like already stated just buy another harness and start from there and add wires as needed. Is there any other wiring done to the car? If so you might want to have that looked at as well.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

No block VIN usually equals a stolen engine.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

johncarlito has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
No block VIN usually equals a stolen engine.
thats hot!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned

Paint Workz has disabled reputation

fabrik has a point, but thats not necessarily true. More the time then less. If you get a ex wiring harness not addition to the harness will need to be made. All sensors are there including the vtec solenoid.