Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

eg mount

Old 08-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these parts
Default eg mount

i put a h22 swap in my 92 hatch, and i was wondering if it was safe to weld stock mount back so i can go b series, and if so what kind of weld should i use.... thanx
Old 08-16-2009, 02:43 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well
Default Re: eg mount

Originally Posted by hatch22
i put a h22 swap in my 92 hatch, and i was wondering if it was safe to weld stock mount back so i can go b series, and if so what kind of weld should i use.... thanx
im most cases the weld is stronger than the material
Old 08-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

hatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these partshatch22 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by B-Well
im most cases the weld is stronger than the material
so thats a yes
Old 08-16-2009, 08:53 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

as long as you are a skilled welder. over heating the metal you are welding to can weaken it and not getting it hot enough will not create a good bond
Old 08-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by B-Well
as long as you are a skilled welder. over heating the metal you are welding to can weaken it and not getting it hot enough will not create a good bond
Quoted for truth...

If it were me I'd find a way to reinforce it w/ gussetts... Just make sure everything is really clean and stitch weld the hell out of it...