Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

EG hatch problem and some questions. I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS :)

Old 04-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brakedrift1217 has disabled reputation
Default EG hatch problem and some questions. I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS :)

sup guys. i got a hatch a while ago and I got some questions to ask.

here is the spec I got from the previous owner.

"Engine- LS VTEC
Head:
B16 HEAD
Crower Dual valve springs, Rave hard retainers
SKUNK 2 PRO ONE CAMS
ITR intake maniforld
70mm Blox Throttle Body
375 Injectors
B&M Fuel pressure reg.
Golden Egale Sandwich Plate and braided oil line
Well Penis CF intake

Block:
B1 Block
85mm Golden Egale sleeves
displacement 2.0
Wisco 11.8 high compression piston
Egale H Beam Rods
ACL RACE Barings
ARP Head Studs

transmission:
itr tranny with lsd
EXEDY Stage 2 unspronge Clutch
light weight flywheel
arp flywheel bolts"

First of all, I have failed emission test and trying to work it out. Since its b16, do I need to get a cat that matches with b16 or D16 that goes originally with the car? Or can you give me a significant place that I can get the parts from to pass the emission test? Any exhaust you want to suggest?

Second, I have weird idle movement with after start and drivin' it around. sometimes its higher than usual and sometimes its low so I have to keep hitting the gas to keep the engine running. Friend of mine told me my hatch needs a tune. but I dont know any place near my house to get it tuned. I live in 20124 (zip code), near fairfax, centreville area.

these two questions are my main questions. except does problems my hatch is fun and fun to drive. I need your help. Thanx
Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Hachb16 has disabled reputation
Default Re: EG hatch problem and some questions. I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS :)

PTUNNING 9432 Center Point Lane Manassas Va. 7032571728 or Inlane pro in Springfield Va good luck
Old 04-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You're missing a few key bits of information. First of all, what car is it in, and what year is the car? Second, what ECU are you using?

Third, why are you using an unsprung clutch disc on a naturally aspirated street car?

I can't believe you've done an LS/VTEC setup with a bunch of mods and haven't got tuned yet. I can't imagine you're making anywhere to close to the amount of power you should be.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Hachb16
PTUNNING 9432 Center Point Lane Manassas Va. 7032571728 or Inlane pro in Springfield Va good luck
Thanx for the information!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:30 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You're missing a few key bits of information. First of all, what car is it in, and what year is the car? Second, what ECU are you using?

Third, why are you using an unsprung clutch disc on a naturally aspirated street car?

I can't believe you've done an LS/VTEC setup with a bunch of mods and haven't got tuned yet. I can't imagine you're making anywhere to close to the amount of power you should be.
As I told you in the beginin. I didnt do the set up, just got the hatch with mods listed up there while the trade. so everything has been done by the previous owner.

The hatch is CX 1993 civic hatch, it has hondata s200 if what it says on the cover is right.

Thanx for the correction.

should I change the clutch? if yes, which one? the clutch I have right now is really hard even comparing to the 370z clutch.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by brakedrift1217
should I change the clutch? if yes, which one? the clutch I have right now is really hard even comparing to the 370z clutch.
You can change it if you want, and you can choose just about anything on the market. You're not making much power, so if you want something more comfortable for the street than I'd stick with a sprung disc and don't bother with a 4 or 6 puck disc. There are a lot to choose from, but pretty much anything will be easier and more comfortable than an unsprung setup.

Honestly though, Exedy makes decent stuff, so it's up to you whether you want to keep it or get a different one. I just can't see any reason for such a harsh clutch setup on a non-turbo street car, and it isn't worth the chatter and harsh engagement and tired leg muscles. If that's the Exedy clutch I'm thinking of, it's a 3-puck unsprung..

Honda people like to use the most aggressive clutch they can find for their cars, regardless of how little power they're actually making, and all it does is make it hard to drive and cause unnecessary driveline wear.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-06-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You can change it if you want, and you can choose just about anything on the market. You're not making much power, so if you want something more comfortable for the street than I'd stick with a sprung disc and don't bother with a 4 or 6 puck disc. There are a lot to choose from, but pretty much anything will be easier and more comfortable than an unsprung setup.
Thanx is there any website I can get decent clutch? I dont want ebay $hit. I couldnt find good place to get eg parts. kinda tired of looking and searching at vadriven and craiglist
Old 04-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Racetracks

I haven't bought Honda parts in many years, so I can't really help you with that one. Most places that have a good selection of Honda parts will carry a few good clutch brands.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered member

FaBrik8/ Im trying to pass emission and I need cat, new exhaust old one has leak. is it ok for me to get a full cat exhaust that fits hatch or b16?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

Really sounds like you just have a shitty basemap, gettin it retuned will easily take care of your idle issues, as well as make more power.

Also, you are prob running pretty rich, which would deff cause you to fail emissions. You can get an aftermarket cat, that is still functional, but not as restrictive as a stock one.

Any exhaust shop (Big Al's, etc) will be able to take care of what you need.
Also even a tune up can help with emissions. If you have faulty plugs, wires, O2 sensor, etc...all these things can cause you to fail emissions.

I know some people even retune just so they can pass emissions,(leaner fuel curve) just throwing that out there.

I'm glad I live down here and don't have to worry about that though.

Quick Reply: EG hatch problem and some questions. I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS :)