VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   ef swap ? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/ef-swap-234206/)

93civicgone 04-20-2008 09:18 AM

ef swap ?

with swapping a b series in, the car is auto and im thinking i may keep it that way, have not made that decision yet.

? is are b swap mounts the same for auto and manual, and do i keep the stock shifter or one from the b series trans.

or will it be just less of a hassle to swap to manual?

JAvenger 04-20-2008 08:04 PM

Re: ef swap ?

mounts are different.

Swap to manuel!
all you need extra when doing a bseries and converting to manuel is:
5speed pedal set.
clutch cable
shift linkage (bseries in an ef)

atmdc 04-20-2008 08:12 PM

prolly less hassle for manual. whats the point of getting a faster motor if its going to be auto. and also your ecu youll prolly get is for manual

93civicgone 04-20-2008 09:49 PM

yea i have 2 or 3 ecu's laying around all manual, ive just always owned manual cars, now why do i need the whole pedal set instead of just the clutch

cleckner04 04-21-2008 06:01 AM

well im not to sure but the pedals of an auto will not let you put in a clutch pedal. i think the brake is to big. and when you swap out the pedal assembly the brake and clutch pedal is on the same hook up. they are like connected. i also think that you have to run a different computer for the tranny.

93civicgone 04-21-2008 06:17 AM

thanks all

b16 lewis 04-23-2008 02:48 PM

the computer for the car is the same for an auto and manual there is a seperat box for the auto.

93civicgone 04-23-2008 06:34 PM

i already pulled the auto shifter, i have the ecu im using for my swap, i have linkage, i just need the pedal set and cable and speedo now

cleckner04 04-24-2008 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by b16 lewis (Post 4056544)
the computer for the car is the same for an auto and manual there is a seperat box for the auto.

thats what i meant sorry. a computer for the auto. but one more thing. does the tranny mount need to be different also. something you might want to check on.

93civicgone 04-24-2008 06:54 AM

thats what i keep hearing but i cant find an exact answer, when i look at swap mounts none say for manual or auto, so im not sure i may just get some cheap mounts from ebay and modify the tranny one. I have been told that the mount on the car needs to be cut and moved but i dont know how far or which way. I know the dent needs to be made for the alternator pulley.

cleckner04 04-24-2008 10:03 AM

well i have a couple of mounts that you can cut and weld if needed. they are for an ef swap b series. the only one that im missing is for the drivers side. they are place racing. i dont want very much for them. just shoot me an offer if you are interested in them.

Somalia 04-24-2008 12:51 PM

What are you doing this swap for a street car or are you going to be racing this car?

atmdc 04-24-2008 10:10 PM

dont cheap out on mounts, get hasport or maybe innovative unless you want your motor sitting fucked up. (only speaking from other peoples experience)

cleckner04 04-28-2008 09:49 AM

well i know you dont want to go out and spend 300+ on mounts and then they dont even work. you can go out and spend it but if you are just wanting to see then you can cheap out and get some junk mounts. least you will not be cutting up good mount and sh!t

93civicgone 04-28-2008 10:09 AM

yea its going to be stock b series, so im going to get some cheap used ones to mess with then ill just get some solid inserts.

F4Fresh 04-28-2008 10:20 AM

i have a pedal assembly from a crx si if that helps in your conversion swap. pm me if you wanna get it.

GlfDaddy 04-28-2008 03:20 PM

first of all.they dnt make b series swap mounts for an automatic. only for manuals. the only difference in mounts is whether you want a cable or hydro tranny. you dont need to cut mounts or any bs like that. you only have to put a dent in the fenderwell for the alternator.if u get cheap mounts ur motor will set f'ed up and will rock back and forth from torque. i have an ef and i know wat happend when i used cheap mounts. sat crooked and so low the oil pan scraped and i couldnt fit a header in their.also the ecu is different for manuals and automatics. there is no seperate box.. u can have a automatic ecu converted to manual by taking it to a tuner and have them cut and solder a circuit in the ecu. hope this helps you.

93civicgone 04-28-2008 04:49 PM

thanks all i know about the ecus i already have one i just didnt know about the trans mount, i was told that its in a different location but ive never heard anyone else having issues so i asked, ive done a few ef swaps just never used an auto shell