Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ef hydro conversion

Old 02-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypeonline has disabled reputation
Default Ef hydro conversion

Anybody do this using eg parts and know of a write up, im not spending 200+ on hasports
Old 02-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness
Default Re: Ef hydro conversion

Originally Posted by Hypeonline
Anybody do this using eg parts and know of a write up, im not spending 200+ on hasports
No on eg parts, and if you don't want to spend $200+ then you are not going to be able to convert to hydro. The best kit on the market right now is this:

http://www.builtbynotorious.com/hupefuoemhyc.html
https://plus.google.com/106347860816423781908/posts
Old 02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Registered Member

actually i found what i was looking for

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...3DIMG_0034.jpg

just click next to see it all happen, and screw that hassport and any othere conversion kit, most of the time all i here is, clutch not engaging right, or broken pedals, im not paying that much for it to f up screw that
Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Why is it that EF people never want to spend a dime on anything and would rather half-ass everything instead?

Is it because you wouldn't have an EF in the first place if you could afford to do things the right way?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

actually i found what i was looking for

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...3DIMG_0034.jpg

just click next to see it all happen, and screw that hassport and any othere conversion kit, most of the time all i here is, clutch not engaging right, or broken pedals, im not paying that much for it to f up screw that
Looks like you will still be spending $200+
Old 02-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Registered Member

@Fabrik8 Do things the right way are you serious, if you know anything about a majority of those Hydro kits, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE CLUTCH ENGAGEMENT, and last time i checked just because you don't want to pay a 200+ for something that may not even work completely dose not mean its the right way maybe if you read it right you would see, who said there was a wrong or right way to do a conversion so by your logic anybody who converts there ef with out jumpers are doing it the wrong way, your comment is unessential

@Crxmadness, thanks a lot man i appreciate the help not being funny but you weren't a dick about things and actually posted something that i would have considered had i not already read a lot of about the engagement issues, even though the kit you posted had pretty good reviews i just was swayed by the other kits problems
Old 02-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

@Fabrik8 Do things the right way are you serious, if you know anything about a majority of those Hydro kits, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE CLUTCH ENGAGEMENT, and last time i checked just because you don't want to pay a 200+ for something that may not even work completely dose not mean its the right way maybe if you read it right you would see...
Maybe you should have said that in the first place instead of "I'm not spending 200+ on Hasport's". Not giving a reason for being cheap just makes it sound like you're cheap. See how much more convincing your argument is when you back it up with an explanation...? Otherwise it just looks like you have a 20-whatever year old car that you don't want to spend $200 on.

who said there was a wrong or right way to do a conversion so by your logic anybody who converts there ef with out jumpers are doing it the wrong way
What? What kind of jumpers are you using to convert to a hydraulic throwout transmission?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 02-23-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:50 AM
Registered Member

alright fabrick8 i see that your not a dick and that's cool the jumpers thing was just me making my point but that's whatever, im planning on getting a hydro b16 trans for the ls i got and all i see is that the cable trans are crap and the hydro kits have the issues with engagement, and its like being between a rock in a hard spot because this is my first project car and im not going to cut corners but im not made of money and there are somethings that just don't seem worth it
Old 02-23-2012, 08:02 AM
under construction

EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE

theres not really much difference between a b16 cable and b16 hydro transmission, to be honest with you they both suck as far as weak synchros between 2nd 3rd and 4th gear. itd be easier to to just use a cable plus they tend to be cheaper If you were going with an itr tranny or somethin of that nature i would understand the conversion but otherwise its to much hassel to have just another weak b16 in it IMO
Old 02-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Registered Member

I feel that but its the thought of buy at the very most recent a 19 year old trans with who know what was done to it vs a newer trans that may be in a bit of better shape, but if there's anybody selling a b16 trans for under 200 that's cable i may have to reconsider my plans, i can get a hydro b16 trans for that, this conversion is more so for convenience of interchangeability i don't have a problem going with the older trans its just im not looking to waste time or money on things that don't work