Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

EF 4 door

Old 04-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default EF 4 door

Ok i have a few problems with the car i just bought.. the speedo isnt working, he says it not hooked up. he said when it was hooked up the ecu would make the car top out in 4th?!? something like that.. umm when i hit the breaks the dash lights work. the fuel gauge isnt working and the cable clutch has a play in it.. cant i just tighting the cable to get the play out of it. if you have any ideas or wanna come out and look at it let me know.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:41 AM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3
Default Re: EF 4 door

since you have cable cluth theres a way to adjust it. as for the other problems it sounds electricial
Old 04-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

the speedometer is cable driven, its highly likely that it is either A) not inserted and clipped into the tranny properly, or B) the cable is broken.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:22 AM
Captain Deeeez Nutzz

b16 snatch has disabled reputation

sounds like the guy fucked shit up when "trying" to fix something. i've got electical problems with my dash lights/cluster lights in my ef right now. i have seriously spent 24 hours trying to track down the problem but i just get more bewildered looking at wiring diagrams and hundreds of wires and still haven't figured shit out. i'm no electrician and i'm about to turn over the problem to a professional. you should at least attempt to figure something out on your own before throwing down money. if you can't figure it out send it to an electrical shop if the car is worth it to you.