Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ECU Question...

Old 03-22-2009, 10:17 PM
:Uses Ninja-Focus:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath
Lightbulb ECU Question...

Ok so my quest continues to figure out whats wrong with my car and fix it.. seems like everytime i figure something out i gotta go back n fix something else. So now its possible that my ECU is damaged from a wreck my question is.. i want to convert my OBDII B20B to OBD1 to eliminate all these bullshit ass problems how would i go about doing that?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: ECU Question...

You just need an OBD2 to OBD1 adapter harness, and the relevant OBD1 ECU for your engine.

That being said, why do you think going to OBD1 will solve your problems?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:42 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

buy a conversion harness... and a obd1 ecu.
(edit. damn fabrik8 beat me to it.)

plug and play swap.

heres what im talking about...

http://www.customcarscentral.com/skr...a--94-01-.html

not the best priced one but just to show you what im talking about
Old 03-22-2009, 10:50 PM

JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath

LOL i see yall are done with the VTEC FLUID BULLSHIT n can actually give some advice lol...
Old 03-22-2009, 10:53 PM
green box is back!

DonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JDMtoDeath
LOL i see yall are done with the VTEC FLUID BULLSHIT n can actually give some advice lol...
You dont seem like an idiot so far.

(no need to try and prove me wrong)
Old 03-22-2009, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You just need an OBD2 to OBD1 adapter harness, and the relevant OBD1 ECU for your engine.

That being said, why do you think going to OBD1 will solve your problems?
To be honest man.. i'm not expecting it to solve my problem but seriously who even likes OBDII these days (when modifying honda's)?? & the thing that gets me is i have a P75 ECU which is OBD1 if i'm not mistaken but my distributor is OBD2 theres no jumper harness unless its soldered or sum shit.. man i dont even kno it all started with a wreck and a bent butterfly in my throttle body.. now all hell broke loose.. shit just trying to set the timing the other night my fuckn ABS, Battery, and check engine light is on... wtf??
Old 03-22-2009, 10:55 PM

im sooooo lost.. i can't get one thing right (idle, timing, sputter, running rich) which these are probably caused by one another...
Old 03-22-2009, 10:56 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

well your question was borderline like his vtec ?..... just kidding.

most people swap to obd1 due to tuning issues. nobody wants to tune a ob2 car, to much extra un needed bullshit, secondary o2's etc etc. not even sure if chrome is supported on ob2 cars. or even hondata... aem you can get it obd2 tho.... if i recall correctly

what exactly is done to this motor? is it built? is it stock and swapped into something it wasnt in before? give us some details.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by nagger
well your question was borderline like his vtec ?..... just kidding.

most people swap to obd1 due to tuning issues. nobody wants to tune a ob2 car, to much extra un needed bullshit, secondary o2's etc etc.

what exactly is done to this motor? is it built? is it stock and swapped into something it wasnt in before? give us some details.
Sorry bout that.. all the details are in my recent threads in tech talk.. its a 96' DC with a JDM B20B swap stock.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:03 PM
green box is back!

DonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud of

ok I will be the idiot for a sec.

B20= crv motor?

I am lookin to buy a civic/other honda beater as a DD. So I would like to be a little more educated on hondas before I purchase.

Quick Reply: ECU Question...