Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ecu

Old 11-22-2002, 08:26 AM
i like prom.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation
Default Ecu

Last edited by urvtecs2slo; 02-10-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-22-2002, 08:42 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

ok you may hate me for this, but i'm only telling you because i hate seeing people waste their money. EVEN if mugen does make a computer for your motor, which i highly doubt, it would be far from worth it. granted, someone is going to jump on here and tell you that "this one guy runs 10s all motor in a sohc motor blahblahblah" but for real it's just so fucking hard to make power out of those things it's not even worth it.

start concentrating on a swap before you sink any more money into that pit of darkness and despair that is your stock motor.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:03 AM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

yeah...i agree with everything you just said, i just dont have that kind of money.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:59 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

p28 is a 92-95 sohc vtec computer

if you would like to add a little power i would look into getting a 96-00 civic sohc vtec head put that on! it's real easy and "should"give you about 20hp. granted you will need a "p28" computer (automatic and manual are different)

the wiring is real easy!

here this guys is selling a head real cheap!
i can help with this conversion if needed. http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...&threadid=1343
Old 11-24-2002, 08:07 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Mugen never made a automatic chip for that car, or that engine I don't think. That looks like someone has cut and pasted the fuel and ignition maps from another program into a P28 auto program. It may not even have anything to do with any Mugen program, someone may have just upped the fueling on it to make it run really rich and then changed the VTEC and rev limit. Anyway, it's not an original program, that's for sure...
By theway, 4200RPM is way too low to engage VTEC, you'll lose a lot of power around that point because nothing will be tuned for anywhere near that low.....
Old 11-24-2002, 09:42 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Fabrik8
By theway, 4200RPM is way too low to engage VTEC, you'll lose a lot of power around that point because nothing will be tuned for anywhere near that low.....
I would have to agree to a point, but that statement is not necessarily true. It all depends on ones setup.
Old 11-24-2002, 03:47 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Exactly, unless the setup is centered around that, performance will suffer...
On a basically stock or standard bolt-on modified engine, 4200 is too low...
I agree completely..
Old 11-25-2002, 11:10 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

i have a p28 automatic computer around here some where!
Old 11-25-2002, 09:18 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

its all on setup i knew a guy had a b16 in a 91 civic with a real mugen program...vtec kicked at 3 grand and it had no rev limit ...blew valves left and right but that bitch pulled like no other
Old 11-26-2002, 05:53 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally posted by zexpwrd4door
its all on setup i knew a guy had a b16 in a 91 civic with a real mugen program...vtec kicked at 3 grand and it had no rev limit ...blew valves left and right but that bitch pulled like no other
it's usually a good idea to invest in some springs and retainers when you're going to rev 3000 rpm past the factory redline.