Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Eclipse with 6g72 tt?

Old 11-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Need Help?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iwannaturbo has disabled reputation
Default Eclipse with 6g72 tt?

I was just wondering if this was possible. If so, does anyone know what all it would involve? Has anyone ever seen it before?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:18 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp
Default Re: Eclipse with 6g72 tt?

Anything will fit in anything with enough money but I highly doubt that is a cost effective way to add power at all.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:24 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

its been done before, I imagine the fabrication and performance arent really that spectacular over a 4g63 modded correctly and for the money the swap would cost, it wouldnt stack up.

thats just my 02.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Need Help?

Ok, thanks for the insight. so, if I were to get a 4g63 for a 98 GS eclipse, could I get the Turbo swap? Just becuase I'm curious, how hard would it be to convert the GS to a GSX?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:54 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

Originally Posted by Iwannaturbo
Ok, thanks for the insight. so, if I were to get a 4g63 for a 98 GS eclipse, could I get the Turbo swap? Just becuase I'm curious, how hard would it be to convert the GS to a GSX?
Im not really a dsm guy, but i imagine they are very similar as far as how they bolt up.

edit....i saw you said gsx....making a fwd awd is actually probably a really big issue, i would say convert it to a gst....

Last edited by zappas; 11-07-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:18 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

Use the search feature on any DSM forum. Your gonna either wanna sell your car and get a awd dsm or get a turbo kit for your 420a.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Need Help?

Originally Posted by zappas
Im not really a dsm guy, but i imagine they are very similar as far as how they bolt up.

edit....i saw you said gsx....making a fwd awd is actually probably a really big issue, i would say convert it to a gst....
I was thinkin GST would work better, but if it were possible, Go big or go home, right?lol Thanks for the help guys

If people want to keep throwing there 2 cents, it's welcomed. I'm at The Citadel right now and I'm bored because my HW is all caught up and my shit is shined. So, I'll entertain just about anything.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:53 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

the NT is totally different. the mounts are all different, the wiring harness is all different, and the frame is not quite the same in many respects and it's really not going to be a sane option to convert.