Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

E-Cuts on a turbocharged Honda..placement

Old 06-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Slammedxpert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Default E-Cuts on a turbocharged Honda..placement

Alright, well I am putting together another Honda here this week. I'm looking to not get in so much trouble with the law for stupid shit like "Exhaust". I would like to get an E-cut out but If I have to place it under the car I don't know how well that'd work with being lowered. Is it possible/good to put it in the actual down pipe right before the bend going underneath the motor? Right now I already bought an exhaust, but its straight through..

Let me know whats up thanks guys.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: E-Cuts on a turbocharged Honda..placement

You can put it after the bend and aim the cutout to the side, not straight down. You could put it in the downpipe if you wanted, yes. Make sure that it won't interfere with your intake air though, so if you're getting intake air from around the engine bay, and you're dumping exhaust from the around the engine bay, you're going to have problems. See where I'm going with this..?

What do you mean by straight through exhaust?
Old 06-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You can put it after the bend and aim the cutout to the side, not straight down. You could put it in the downpipe if you wanted, yes. Make sure that it won't interfere with your intake air though, so if you're getting intake air from around the engine bay, and you're dumping exhaust from the around the engine bay, you're going to have problems. See where I'm going with this..?

What do you mean by straight through exhaust?
Yeah, I know exactly where you are going with it. Choking the turbo with the Hot exhaust gasses coming out of the exhaust.

Straight through exhaust i.e-No catalyst,no muffler/resonator or anything. So just straight pipes. Sounds lovely, but cops don't enjoy it as much as I do. I have just always heard people not having great luck with the e-cuts on lowered Hondas. But maybe ill route it before the axle back bend.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

92EH3 has disabled reputation

are you going to keep the loud exhaust? cause what the point of having a cut out if its already loud?
Old 06-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Registered member

c1turbo will become famous soon enough

another thing to think bout is how far away the e-cut in the downpipe would be from the o2 bung cuz i think mr shue likes the o2 bung at least 12inchs away from the end of the exhaust pipe
Old 06-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Slammedxpert

Originally Posted by sleeperda9
are you going to keep the loud exhaust? cause what the point of having a cut out if its already loud?
No....

That's why I'm going to get a Cutout...
Old 06-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 4drteg
another thing to think bout is how far away the e-cut in the downpipe would be from the o2 bung cuz i think mr shue likes the o2 bung at least 12inchs away from the end of the exhaust pipe
This really wouldn't matter, as the only time he would have the cutout open would be when primarily full throttle.

Now wideband would be another issue for tuning purposes..

Ive seen many setups on posts with the cutout straight down off the downpipe, you could also continue the exhaust from the cutout to the left or right to dump elsewhere. Also think about if you are dumping the wastegate to the ground or not too, it could get pretty busy around there!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 AM
...pulls trailer!!!

TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8

Originally Posted by Sedan Man stan
Alright, well I am putting together another Honda here this week. I'm looking to not get in so much trouble with the law for stupid shit like "Exhaust". I would like to get an E-cut out but If I have to place it under the car I don't know how well that'd work with being lowered. Is it possible/good to put it in the actual down pipe right before the bend going underneath the motor? Right now I already bought an exhaust, but its straight through..

Let me know whats up thanks guys.
call me i can help you out with the exhaust issues as well
Old 06-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Here is a drawing a did up for you quick. This is the way i prefer to have it ran if you can fit it in there. This setup yielded great results with a friend's cutout. Make a 90 degree coming off the turbo dumping at the bottom of the engine bay with the cutout. Run a 90 degree elbow off of that with a smaller pipe and then 90 that back into the exhaust. This puts good exhaust flow preference to the cutout when its open.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Slammedxpert

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Here is a drawing a did up for you quick. This is the way i prefer to have it ran if you can fit it in there. This setup yielded great results with a friend's cutout. Make a 90 degree coming off the turbo dumping at the bottom of the engine bay with the cutout. Run a 90 degree elbow off of that with a smaller pipe and then 90 that back into the exhaust. This puts good exhaust flow preference to the cutout when its open.

Thanks Matt! I'll have to check into that.

Quick Reply: E-Cuts on a turbocharged Honda..placement