Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

E-brake HELP!

Old 12-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Madison Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96gsr will become famous soon enough
Default E-brake HELP!

alright, I went to school this morning and when I parked I pulled my e-brake like I always do. But, when I pulled it it did not click. I let it go and it fell back down. The parking brake does apply when I pull it up though, it just won't stay up. For now, its propped up wiht my cell phone. Anybody had this problem or know whats wrong?
Old 12-11-2002, 06:24 PM
SPAWN OF A NEW OP!

THE BEAST is an unknown quantity at this point

WILL IT APPLY THE BRAKE WHEN YOU PULL THE LEVER UP?
Old 12-11-2002, 06:25 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

just a heads up: dont use the ebrake when its cold, just put it in gear... the other day my ebrake was frozen up even when i pushed it back down, my wheels were still locking up
Old 12-11-2002, 06:55 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by EclipZ
just a heads up: dont use the ebrake when its cold, just put it in gear... the other day my ebrake was frozen up even when i pushed it back down, my wheels were still locking up
dizam, that sucks.. i think you got something else wrong though man.. i always use mine, even when it's like -10 and never have problems.. well.. except the time it broke and my car almsot rolled into the side of a building..
Old 12-11-2002, 07:23 PM

1slowCRX is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem with the brakes locking up has nothing to do with the cold, you might have a problem with the wheel cylinder or the return springs. And with the problem with the e-brake not clicking could be the spring in the handle.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:46 PM
Madison Motorsports

96gsr will become famous soon enough

I'm thinking its the spring in the handle. Yes, the brake does apply when I pull the lever up. The cold would not have done it, I park in a heated garage.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:36 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

take it apart and look at it...
Old 12-12-2002, 07:19 AM
fun²

tryckjävel is an unknown quantity at this point

The teeth are on the back of the lever, you should be able to pull off the plastic and check the spring for the clip that locks it into the back of the handle.

e-brakes rust to the hubs if left outside for a while. If it had frozen to the hub the ice would have broken off after a few feet. One thing you can do is roll around and lightly pull up the e-brake to clean off anything that builds up... should prevent it from sticking for another 20k miles or so before more crap gets in there.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:43 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by EclipZ
i use the ebrake all of the time. i have to! i can't leave it in gear or i can't use my remote start. nice to have in the winter!!!

all of my cars have it!

take apart the ebrake and look at it. if it's really screwed then let me know i can get you one!
Old 12-12-2002, 04:46 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

CHAHONDA you have the junkyard right? got anything as far as a late 60's camaro or a 4g prelude goes?

Quick Reply: E-brake HELP!